MJ ----> DD(Daily Driver)

• 2 years later...

I have gutted the interior and started the swap from Maroon to gray. Swapped in buckets for the Bench.(Truck is for my son, so less seats means less friends in the cab). Tinted the rear window. Put Lizard Skin on the floor for sound control and covered it with rattle can truck bed liner. Part of the Resto-mod was replacing the windshield and having the rubber gasket put on instead of metal trim. Replaced the rear slider which was leaking bad with solid window. Installed rear cargo light. Doors have been replaced with 1994 door with power everything. Windows wired, trying to figure out the relays for the locks. New headliner is in. New black steering wheel is in. Have Black Vent shades for doors. Its been slow but the horus have been hard to come by. Should have it back on the road in the next few weeks.

Plan is for the body work, left rear quarter needs work, right B pillar needs work. Going to paint it Forrest Green with a single silver pinstripe down the body line. Gray herculiner on lower 6 inches of the body and black roll-in bedliner in the bed. Switch rear axle to stock geared 4.56 rear and regear front to match. Posi-lock the front axle disco. Pictures will come soon.

I hope to have it completely done in the fall so he can drive it some when he gets his instructional permit.

Here are the pics of the interior refurb. I still have to finish the Sirius wiring, but it is done for now.

Sorry about size, pics are big.

I love your seats they look brand new

and for your sirius if your not a smoker you could put it in the ashtray so no one would know you have it

Lizard Skin is a sound and heat insulating spray on coating. You can add sound insualtion and heat protection then add a topcoat or just cover with vinyl or carpet.

http://www.lizardskin.com/

I have used sound protection and a coat of spray-on rattlecan bed liner on the floor. I will eventually add carpet or vinyl. I just need to find a good source for the carpet. I want molded, not universal.

I used the wiring diagram and applied power to the window circut,then connected the doors together. I will replace it all with a cross body wiring harness from a cherokee later so I can make the power locks work. right now its just the windows.

• 1 year later...

I have been gone too long. Life got the better of me and now I am about to hand the keys to this rig to my 16 year old son for his daily driver. There have been a lot of changes. It is down to the final pin stripping and emblems. Still need to finalize the A/C, but I have a sealed evap and a box full of parts that need to go on before spring.

Will Post interior pics soon.

Hope to spend more time on here over the next forever, but it will be a challenge.