What’s a good upgraded radiator?

What’s a good upgraded radiator?

I just recently got done installing my 4.6 stroker in my essentially 95 swapped Comanche. Everything was new including the radiator when I installed it a few weeks ago. It has been running hot and I have gone through the timing an air to fuel ratio and they are both good. Also changed fan clutch and that didn’t help either . I’m looking for a radiator that I can put in once and not have to deal with again.

I have read through a lot of reviews on a lot of radiators and can’t seem to find one that has nearly all positive reviews, most of them only lasts either a couple months or a couple years. I’ve had good luck with the spectra and Murray radiators for my stock applications, but it’s not doing the job on this truck . Anybody have any advice?

Mishimoto hands down unless you can fit a Novak core. Cold case is another good option. Keep in mind that so called “high flow” pumps and “high flow” tstat housings can be the culprits of many cooling issues. Stock pump, 7 blade mech fan and the late model 10 blade XJ fan (the oem Mopar one) with a good 30-40A power supply will keep it cool. 

I hear second and third hand talk about the Mishimoto but I can't find too many actual failures.  Just a bunch of "I heard they aren't good" posts with not much first hand experience.

So I have a Mishimoto getting ready to go into my truggy project with a stroker.  I'm still debating whether to use a high flow water pump or not.  And I'm going to go with the triple electric fans, mostly because I'll be doing low speed crawling where the mechanical fan won't be up to full speed most of the time.

6 hours ago, derf said:

So I have a Mishimoto getting ready to go into my truggy project with a stroker.  I'm still debating whether to use a high flow water pump or not.  And I'm going to go with the triple electric fans, mostly because I'll be doing low speed crawling where the mechanical fan won't be up to full speed most of the time.

I think I’d run a high flow then. I think I’ll do the same on my truck. There seems to be a point where these trucks turn too many rpm to stay cool at a certain speed. Even with everything functioning correctly, my truck overheats after a couple of hours running 75+. 

I like the Mishimoto in my truck. 

On 6/27/2024 at 11:27 AM, derf said:

I hear second and third hand talk about the Mishimoto but I can't find too many actual failures.  Just a bunch of "I heard they aren't good" posts with not much first hand experience.

I've had a Mishimoto leak on my one BMW, but it was not the radiator's fault, it clearly had taken damage from something hitting it.