Can anyone tell me what these are for and can I ditch em? I’m goin with a carburetor stick shift sbc. Pulled the ecm? The renix Mosul but it connects to here and I don’t wanna chunk anything I may need. Also will ditch the electronic fuel pump. Only creature comfort is ac. Otherwise everything is mechanical. Manuel windows locks tranny ect. I have a Haynes somewhere but not sure where and don’t wanna buy another. Thanks in advance!

IMG_4229.jpeg

4.0s do not have a provision for a mechanical fuel pump. What are you going to do for a fuel pump if you ditch the electric? It would likely have to be another electric one that's lower pressure. 

Edited by 89 MJ
I missed that it’s getting a small block in ot

On 2/25/2024 at 3:38 PM, 89 MJ said:

4.0s do not have a provision for a mechanical fuel pump. What are you going to do for a fuel pump if you ditch the electric? It would likely have to be another electric one that's lower pressure. 

The sbc has one

On 2/26/2024 at 11:10 AM, Ωhm said:

Is this a 2.5L? Poster needs a signature with vehicle information.

It’s an 86. Had no engine when I got it but I believe he said it was a 4 banger. Not sure what you mean by what you mean signature with vehical I’d. Be happy to make one if you don’t mind tellin me how. I’m putting in a carbed sbc 327 to be exact. Thanks for any help