Injector loom rebuild

Looking for someone with a Renix injector loom on their bench to send me measurements and photos from the last injector plug to the TPS, knock, and O2 sensor. Mine got sheered off when the speedo cable and evap line wrapped around my drive shaft and the plugs  are no where to be found.

Mine is 89-90, so no C101 but there should be no difference in dimensions from where injector 1 & 2 are and the end of the harness.

From inj. 1 & 2's exit from the loom, I measure 38" to the tips of the connectors for knock, CTS and O2. 87 and 88 manual agree that the knock sensor wires are Yellow w/ trace, Violet w/trace. I didn't want to risk peeling open my knock sensor connector just yet, but the wire colors on my CTS and O2 connectors match up with 87-88 manuals as well.

O2 (C229) - ABC is Orange, Black, Grey.

CTS (C222) - AB is Brown w/ trace, Tan.

Knock (C232) - AB is Yellow w/ trace, Violet w/ trace.

Knock female connector is the same as any Jetronic/ EV1 injector connector, O2 male is same as any GM MAP sensor (and Jeep Renix up to 95 2.5/4.0), or 3-wire OBD1 GM O2 connector. CTS is common to many GM connectors, and is usually available in parts house stores, failing all else if your local boneyards come up dry.

IMG_8237.JPG.ee74cd6769c004eca0c666fa7a4cfac1.JPG

1 hour ago, Ωhm said:

NOTE: Knock Sensor (KS) is a shielded circuit (dashed lines) tied to vehicle GND (G105). You'll need to wrap circuit with metal foil.

I had no idea... and thanks for explaining. So he'll need to find the black ground wire in what's left of his harness nub, maybe 3 black ground wires, depending on how far up the splice with the O2 ground is? And make a total of 3 grounds, separate and distinct from the Brown w/ trace wire for the CTS sensor ground to ECU?

knock_shield_gnds.jpg.09b7f8a41b646dce13fe2338761aa16a.jpg

36 minutes ago, Gojira94 said:

So he'll need to find the black ground wire in what's left of his harness nub, maybe 3 black ground wires, depending on how far up the splice with the O2 ground is? And make a total of 3 grounds, separate and distinct from the Brown w/ trace wire for the CTS sensor ground to ECU?

What they do is wrap wires with metal foil and run a bare stranded wire. Somewhere along the line the bare wire will touch the foil. He needs to find that bare wire which should connect to GND.

503356688_KnockSensorw_shieldedcircuit_Billabob_Photo.jpg.6af40082df3ec6bb5d9c880d7e044731.jpg

@Billabob

On 1/26/2024 at 9:30 AM, Gojira94 said:

Mine is 89-90, so no C101 but there should be no difference in dimensions from where injector 1 & 2 are and the end of the harness.

From inj. 1 & 2's exit from the loom, I measure 38" to the tips of the connectors for knock, CTS and O2. 87 and 88 manual agree that the knock sensor wires are Yellow w/ trace, Violet w/trace. I didn't want to risk peeling open my knock sensor connector just yet, but the wire colors on my CTS and O2 connectors match up with 87-88 manuals as well.

O2 (C229) - ABC is Orange, Black, Grey.

CTS (C222) - AB is Brown w/ trace, Tan.

Knock (C232) - AB is Yellow w/ trace, Violet w/ trace.

Knock female connector is the same as any Jetronic/ EV1 injector connector, O2 male is same as any GM MAP sensor (and Jeep Renix up to 95 2.5/4.0), or 3-wire OBD1 GM O2 connector. CTS is common to many GM connectors, and is usually available in parts house stores, failing all else if your local boneyards come up dry.

Thank you so much for this. I rebuilt the loom, connected the CTS and Knock sensor (but not the o2 because it is a 3 wire that was soldered together into a 2 wire and I'm waiting to hear from the PO to see why.) It started up, I think faster than it had before but was running rough and idling low.  The engine would shake the care at 2500rpm a little bit.  I have an REM and I got the following codes:

REM Codes:

Baro Pressure Low

Bat Voltage Low

Distributr Sync

ECU Codes

Injector 3 Short

Injector 4 Short

Injector 6 Short

Injector 2 Open 

Injector 3 Open

Injector 4 Open

Injector 5 Open

Fuel Not Primed

ICM Signal Open

One injector connector is slashed but I separated them so they definitely aren't shorting for my test.  Any help on trouble shooting this would be greatly appreciated

REM Codes:

A) Baro Pressure Low - probably expected with low RPM idle and running rough

B) Bat Voltage Low - not sure, but maybe from sitting since the night the incident occurred. Charge batt before next attempt.

C) Distributr Sync - also not sure, maybe because the low RPMs are below what the ECU uses to confirm distributor sync signal (out of range to be useful)

ECU Codes - 1 through 7 below suggest the ground wires got tugged pretty hard and taking the corrugated loom off the harness up as far as just past the engine speed sensor and posting some pics might help us spot some damage not seen before.

1) Injector 3 Short

2) Injector 4 Short

3) Injector 6 Short

4) Injector 2 Open 

5) Injector 3 Open

6) Injector 4 Open

7) Injector 5 Open

8) Fuel Not Primed

9) ICM Signal Open

8-9 above not sure, possibly #8 related to low batt voltage at start, #9 due to lack of signal as a result of distributor sync signal not valid/ available due to C) above.