Door Card Hole Measurement Needed

I'm adding hockey stick handles to a base model comanche with a door pull door. I was able to find the door insert for the handle, but now comes the dreaded hole cut.

If anyone has a door card with a punch out for the hockey stick handle nearby, can you send me measurements where that 3rd hole is?

I am interested in two lengths, shown in black and white.

Thanks a ton!

:thanks:

20231113_215516.jpg.b322d125825a28d401ecc9c280804a3b.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-1c2.jpg

7 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Does the back of the card not have a mark or indicator or a perforation for the hole? From what I have seen, most of the cards usually have markings of what holes are where on the back side. 

Unfortunately, there was no designation on the back of my door cards. I covered the back of my door cards in neoprene, similar to how newer XJ's had the neoprene moisture barrier.

20231114_002039.jpg

20231114_002045.jpg

4 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Doesn’t the door itself have a hole where the upper handle mount goes? Can’t you mark off of that?

I was thinking of putting an x-acto knife blade in the thread insert and putting the door card on. then looking at where the mark is and using a hole punch to make a proper hole.

Here is what I have.  First two pics are driver side, last pic is pass side from the back. Let me know if you need anything else.

I would be careful using the edge of the hole for the door pull bezel.  There could be some variation there, especially the top and bottom edges.

As you mentioned, I would use a hole punch to make the hole.  

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5180.jpeg

IMG_5181.jpeg

9 minutes ago, schardein said:

Here is what I have.  First two pics are driver side, last pic is pass side from the back. Let me know if you need anything else.

I would be careful using the edge of the hole for the door pull bezel.  There could be some variation there, especially the top and bottom edges.

As you mentioned, I would use a hole punch to make the hole.  

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5180.jpeg

IMG_5181.jpeg

You sir are awesome. Thanks a ton! :banana:

I plan on using the 9/32 in punch on my roper whitney hand punch. It is an incredible handy tool for projects like these and gasket making.

Thanks for everyone who chimed in and provided feedback. It helps tremendously.

20231114_093526.jpg

1 hour ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

I plan on using the 9/32 in punch on my roper whitney hand punch. It is an incredible handy tool for projects like these and gasket making.

Thanks for everyone who chimed in and provided feedback. It helps tremendously.

I like the punch. I have a set of manual hole punches for use with a hammer.  I think I'll add that type of punch to my wish list.

10 minutes ago, schardein said:

I like the punch. I have a set of manual hole punches for use with a hammer.  I think I'll add that type of punch to my wish list.

Neat!

It's called the Roper Whitney Jr No. # 5. It comes in a kit up to 9/32. It comes in a nice plastic box.

I purchased a new old stock one last christmas for my brother. Worth every penny of that $60.

Roper also makes a larger hand punch, the XX, that goes up to 17/32. Both are still made in the states today, they just come in a plastic boxs instead of a metal ones.

I have both and my brother uses them all the time to make head gaskets for older small engines.