Comanche Headliner Group Buy "OFFICIALLY CLOSED"

At 12:01 am EST 10/26/2023, this group buy was officially closed

Starting Today 10/16/2023, I would like to offer up another group buy for the Jeep Comanche Community.   This group buy does not have any minimum orders but will end on Wednesday 10/25/2023 (10 business days from todays date).  I will not take any orders for this group buy after 10/25/2023.

I am Steve Bennett with SMS Headliners, LLC located in Bethlehem GA, 30620.

Normal cost on the headliners I make have been selling for $425 which includes shipping.  For this group buy the cost is discounted $100.  Total cost is $325 shipped in the US (lower 48 only).

Purchase payment method via Debit/Credit card over the phone or PayPal, venmo, PayPal Credit, PayPal Pay Later, or Debit or Credit card via an invoice link.  Invoice link must be paid within 24 hours or the invoice will be cancelled and you will lose your opportunity for the group buy.

To purchase a headliner from this Group buy, please email me at info@smsheadliners.com with the color choice (see attached color chart) and I will send you an invoice link or you can call me at 770-280-0620 Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm EST.

The headliner that I custom make is a hand formed headliner.  I use a thick card substrate along with a proprietary process to encapsulate the substrate and I use closed cell foam laminated to the back side of the panel.  The proprietary process is my moisture barrier and the closed cell foam acts as an insulation barrier.  I take every step possible to make these for long lasting and durability.

If you decide to participate in the group buy, your order will include: 

a.  Headliner Panel already covered and ready to install when your receive it.  

b.  Extra Material for your visors to have them recovered locally and step by step instructions for installing this headliner.

Thanks again and I look forward to doing business with you!

Steve Bennett

SMS Headliners, LLC

aka (a1500ram)

Comanche Color Options.jpeg

Comanche Headliner.jpg

Logo1.png

Can you make them slightly smaller?  I bought one a few years back and it was a bit too big.  I re-did my original and found that was too big too.  Not sure if they expand over time and also happened to your template, or if it’s from my JR Lawrence rear window.  Needs to be about an inch “up” my the front and rear windshields and maybe 1/2” up on the sides.

Can you also do black alcantera material?

32 minutes ago, boxyjeep said:

Can you make them slightly smaller?  I bought one a few years back and it was a bit too big.  I re-did my original and found that was too big too.  Not sure if they expand over time and also happened to your template, or if it’s from my JR Lawrence rear window.  Needs to be about an inch “up” my the front and rear windshields and maybe 1/2” up on the sides.

Can you also do black alcantera material?

The back edge is supposed to be on top of the window frame.  I cannot modify my template for your JR Lawrence rear window if it is different.  Did I receive any notifications from you that there were headliner fitment issues at the time?  When did you purchase the headliner?  I have made a couple of modifications to my template since I have started making these.  No on the alcantera material. I only use OE type foam backed cloth headliner material.

4 minutes ago, a1500ram said:

The back edge is supposed to be on top of the window frame.  I cannot modify my template for your JR Lawrence rear window if it is different.  Did I receive any notifications from you that there were headliner fitment issues at the time?  When did you purchase the headliner?  I have made a couple of modifications to my template since I have started making these.  No on the alcantera material. I only use OE type foam backed cloth headliner material.

Thanks for the response.  Many people are running the aftermarket rear windows, so wasn't sure if it was a common thing.  I bought my original headliner from you in ~2018 timeframe, but never reached out about fitment.  It wasn't bad, just not ideal and hung down an inch or so over the top of the rear window.

Would you consider selling just the foam form without any material so that I can modify and then add my own material to it?

36 minutes ago, boxyjeep said:

Thanks for the response.  Many people are running the aftermarket rear windows, so wasn't sure if it was a common thing.  I bought my original headliner from you in ~2018 timeframe, but never reached out about fitment.  It wasn't bad, just not ideal and hung down an inch or so over the top of the rear window.

Would you consider selling just the foam form without any material so that I can modify and then add my own material to it?

Due to proprietary reasons, I only sell the comanche headliner already covered in OE type cloth foam backed material.  I have made modifications to my template since 2018.

2 minutes ago, a1500ram said:

Due to proprietary reasons, I only sell the comanche headliner already covered in OE type cloth foam backed material.  I have made modifications to my template since 2018.

Ok, what were the changes?

1 minute ago, boxyjeep said:

Ok, what were the changes?

The overall length front to back changed.  I don't recall by how much.  However,   I have sold hundreds since then with no reported issues.  Again no reported issues. I rented a Comanche for 1 week and re-fitted my template until it fit correctly.

1 hour ago, Mudrig150 said:

Tempted to order one, but no idea what color my interior is. Know it's gray, but not sure if it's smoke gray or light gray. The build sheet says charcoal but it definitely isnt.

Do you have a photo of your visors?

On 10/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, boxyjeep said:

Not sure if they expand over time and also happened to your template, or if it’s from my JR Lawrence rear window.

No, it’s the window. If you look at an original MJ rear window, it has the frame and the headliner basically covers the. The new Lawrence ones have a bigger visibility than the original and so the headliner looks big but it’s due to the window being not to the original size. 

15 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

No, it’s the window. If you look at an original MJ rear window, it has the frame and the headliner basically covers the. The new Lawrence ones have a bigger visibility than the original and so the headliner looks big but it’s due to the window being not to the original size. 

How much taller is the JR Lawrence rear window compared to the OE?

First off, it’s CR Laurence :L:. I have two of the sms headliners. The first one was in an original rear slider and latter a CR Laurence dual pane slider. The new one is also on a dual pane CR Laurence. The fit is great. First headliner was from 2017 and the second was just this last year. I can’t see any reason to adjust the headliner as it fits factory and aftermarket windows just fine imo. 

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:

First off, it’s CR Laurence :L:. I have two of the sms headliners. The first one was in an original rear slider and latter a CR Laurence dual pane slider. The new one is also on a dual pane CR Laurence. The fit is great. First headliner was from 2017 and the second was just this last year. I can’t see any reason to adjust the headliner as it fits factory and aftermarket windows just fine imo. 

Thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, boxyjeep said:

Alright, I think I might be convinced to get one.  Can you tell me which color would be closest to this fabric?  I had my visors redone with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089YWB8SM/

They’re great headliners, just take it out of the box and let it rest for a day or two before install to regain its shape :L:

Just wanted to provide a reminder that the last day for this group buy is Wednesday 10/25/2023.

If you send me an email or try to call me over the weekend, I will try to respond as soon as I can.  If not I will definitely reach out by Monday 10/23.

Thanks to the members that have already taken advantage of the $100 savings.

Steve

• a1500ram changed the title to Comanche Headliner Group Buy "OFFICIALLY CLOSED"
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to say thank you to everyone that could take advantage of the group buy.  For those who purchased one, All orders for the Comanche Headliner through this group buy have shipped out as of Friday 11/10.

Thanks again and it was a pleasure doing business with you!

Steve Bennett

SMS Headliners, LLC

(a1500ram)