1992 Jeep Comanche "Maria"

38 minutes ago, MariaManche said:

Thanks for the advice! 

I cleaned up the stud with a wire brush on a die grinder and sprayed a liberal amount of Kroil on the top and bottom side. I’ll see if she breaks tomorrow after work. IMG_5122.jpeg.44e0f4a029dc13a6bb0c637c663ce2f1.jpegIMG_5120.jpeg.b668cfc56bb3c53440b2b51ccec79a8b.jpeg

If you removed all the spot welds in the top uniframe support, you can always try using a large prybar and prying a bit between the top uniframe support and the floor. It seems that stud is not welded to the uniframe. It looks like something is pressed on over the stud into the uniframe support. Mine looked like a pile of rust, and I could not tell. I tried to remove my stud from the cab and it just snapped clean off.

It may be easier to remove the stud from the bottom side, but be careful of your brake and fuel lines. If you plan to reuse them, it's not good idea to heat up brake lines. The fluid does not like extreme temperatures and I'm sure the old lines are not up for it either. There's a few of those plastic fuel / brake line clips around that location. Un-clip them all and try to push the lines out of the way. That should give you more room to work. Obviously moving the fuel lines as far away from the torch as possible is also good piece of mind :D

20220920_114941.jpg

20220923_133935 - Copy.jpg

20220923_164454.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, MariaManche said:

Thanks for the advice! 

I cleaned up the stud with a wire brush on a die grinder and sprayed a liberal amount of Kroil on the top and bottom side. I’ll see if she breaks tomorrow after work. IMG_5122.jpeg.44e0f4a029dc13a6bb0c637c663ce2f1.jpegIMG_5120.jpeg.b668cfc56bb3c53440b2b51ccec79a8b.jpeg

When I removed mine I did almost exactly what you did but I also applied a little heat on the top side. I used two nuts and was able to remove all of mine