Hey Fellas, Jeepcomj what about this one?

jeepdoggydogB

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/519108583.html

This looks like one of the cleanest j4000 I have ever seen, by the looks of the front lugs a (4X4)? I am getting a rather sizable vacation payoff and now I need to convince my wife that this truck will be usefull. My Dad already agreed he loved it and would let me park it at his house if he could haul with it every now and then. If she says yes I am going to offer $3,000 what do you all think? :cheers:

I agree on price.

and I don't think that's the original paint job. never seen a j4k with a single tone paint job. also, j4k are ALL 4wd in my experience. or should be. if not, something's up.

check it out if it's as straight as it looks it's worth $2500, but not much, if any more.

I am nopt sure of the going price out there.. but if it is as rust free as it looks.. the price seems right.. at least for an east coast vehicle. Look for the tell tail signs of a repaint. check to make sure the door jamb color matches the outside color, look under the bumpers... under the hood. The 1ton JP pickups are hard to find.. even in farmer country

Thanks everyone! Now I have to get enough gumption to ask the wife, and call. If it looks good I will run a carfax and see confirming the family owned. I was hoping for a 44/60 option axles but from what I have lurked out of the folks at IFSJ the J4000 came in different combos 44/44 44/60, and the only way to tell which one you have is to find out the GVWR 7000 makes 3/4 ton and apparently 8000 makes a 1 ton. I was hoping for a later model J20 but this looks like a good possibility. :popcorn:

Thanks everyone! Now I have to get enough gumption to ask the wife, and call. If it looks good I will run a carfax and see confirming the family owned. I was hoping for a 44/60 option axles but from what I have lurked out of the folks at IFSJ the J4000 came in different combos 44/44 44/60, and the only way to tell which one you have is to find out the GVWR 7000 makes 3/4 ton and apparently 8000 makes a 1 ton. I was hoping for a later model J20 but this looks like a good possibility. :popcorn:

a half ton j4k is 44/44 combo, 3/4 ton is 44/60 combo. closed knuckle I believe on the 44/44 but not sure about the 3/4 ton combo.

mine's a half ton

a half ton j4k is 44/44 combo, 3/4 ton is 44/60 combo. closed knuckle I believe on the 44/44 but not sure about the 3/4 ton combo.

mine's a half ton

It's very interesting dialogue about the subject of 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton J4000's. Some really great discussion there just like here :D One explanation I read was that the J4000 came in 1/2 ton and a few levels of 3/4 ton ranging from medium duty to heavy duty, and there was no such thing as a 1 ton j4000. Lots of spirited response to that one and right now I am way too ignorant to even have an opinion. :oops:

I can't tell from that pic if it looks to have 4WD or not. I don't know what you guys are seeing.

And that grille is the same that was in my 1978 Cherokee. I didn't think Jeep used that grille as early as 1972. I would definitely get the serial number and run a CarFax on it.

Jtrucks ran that grille, known as a Razor, till 1978. 1979-1981 was the Pignose. All plastic, square lights with a huge snout in the middle.

The razor ran on SJ trucks from oh, I believe 1971. Anything before that was the Rhino.

Thats a 4x4. Last model year for a 2wd SJ was 1968 with the J-200's

360 with a Turbo 400 and a Dana 20 part/time case.

decent drivetrain.

Here is a pic of a 1973, two tone same grill I think.

http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/viewp ... height=426

I am now in official negotiations with the wife, she wants me to get a "family car" so I am presenting this one to her.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/521638371.html

I am not for sure on that engine and reliability. What drama eh?