export turn signals for under 20$

i really like the look of the export turn signal lenses on the pre 97 XJs and MJs, well i was gonna buy some untill i saw how expensive they were. real ones from europe or the UK were close to $200 shipped to the USA. Quadratec has repops of them, they are $45 each plus tax. well i stumbled on to a youtube vid of a guy redoing turn signals on a classic Dodge van that were no longer available. they looked great! so i did what he did. none of my local hardware stores or big box stores had this paint. i ordered it off Ebay, it was 17$. to prep the lenses was a simple scrub with Dawn dish soap and a red\brown scotchbright pad. Just like wet sanding you want a dull but smooth surface. first coat is barely noticable so don't go too heavy, 6-7IMG_0653_kindlephoto-106928766.jpg.42a8302231b2b822180bbc680df2215e.jpg thin coates later waiting 10 minutes inbetween coats and i had the desired look i wanted. 👍

IMG_0665.jpg

Just now, NHMJXJ said:

Crown has marker lights that match to export direction lens.  They're not OEM quality, but they look decent.

pa1.jpg

hmmm, didnt realize they were also different, maybe ill spray a coat or two on mine. i have extras to test out. there may be an update coming👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...