Finally

Joe Dirt

After all this time and bs i finally got my wheels and tires done. I had posts about studs and lugs not working but got everything sorted out. With the proper lug nuts absolutely 0 problem and catching plenty of threads. I felt so dumb..... So this is the outcome. Jeep canyons with R.B.P Repulser 31x10.5's 

20230619_111529.jpg

20230619_101138.jpg

20 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Nice! Looks much better than the tire leaning on the bumper and what bumper is that?

To be honest i have no clue what the bumper is. It was on my xj parts truck. I'm using the rear 1 as well just gotta finish welding some filler plates and I'm frenching in my tag. If i wasn't so lazy it be done.

20230211_134008.jpg

20230211_152328.jpg

20230216_135840.jpg

20230216_144717.jpg

20230316_170850.jpg

20230316_170909.jpg

21 hours ago, Pete M said:

aggressive!  :D 

Its exactly the look i was going for. They're surprisingly quiet for the tread. Its only been a week but I'm extremely happy with the combo. Now i just need to get my transmission sorted and i can move on to rust ....

4 hours ago, Joe Dirt said:

Its exactly the look i was going for. They're surprisingly quiet for the tread. Its only been a week but I'm extremely happy with the combo. Now i just need to get my transmission sorted and i can move on to rust ....

keep up on your tire rotations and they should stay quiet.  mud tires tend to get noisy quickly if they are allowed to wear funny.

11 hours ago, Pete M said:

that means a lot less than you might think. :D 

Just for rotation purposes unless i just go front to rear. I know when i owned my big rig, that's the only way you did a rotation cause the steel belts get pulled 1 direction so it was bad to flip em to the other side.

11 hours ago, Pete M said:

that means a lot less than you might think. :D 

car tires don't have such restrictions.  I had directionals on my old minivan and rotated them as normal tires.  :L:  at best, the maximum mud traction might be with them in the forward direction.  :D   but pavement doesn't matter. 

12 hours ago, Pete M said:

car tires don't have such restrictions.  I had directionals on my old minivan and rotated them as normal tires.  :L:  at best, the maximum mud traction might be with them in the forward direction.  :D   but pavement doesn't matter. 

I hear that buddy. I'm trying to get a couple things done to my rig within the next 2 weeks. Mainly finishing that back bumper I've been playing with forever now. We have a Jeep invasion coming like the 12th or 14th of july down here in Wildwood NJ. 1 of the only times ya get to drive on the beach during the season. This is the 1st year i been into Jeeps. When i found my Comanche i caught the bug, lol. I can't wait to see how many or how few Comanches show up. Nice chatting buddy. I'm sure ill be in your mailbox when i do this trans swap. Thanks

1 hour ago, Joe Dirt said:

I hear that buddy. I'm trying to get a couple things done to my rig within the next 2 weeks. Mainly finishing that back bumper I've been playing with forever now. We have a Jeep invasion coming like the 12th or 14th of july down here in Wildwood NJ. 1 of the only times ya get to drive on the beach during the season. This is the 1st year i been into Jeeps. When i found my Comanche i caught the bug, lol. I can't wait to see how many or how few Comanches show up. Nice chatting buddy. I'm sure ill be in your mailbox when i do this trans swap. Thanks

Do yourself a favor and don’t drive on the beach. That’s a good way to accelerate it’s demise by rust.

On 6/27/2023 at 9:45 AM, Joe Dirt said:

Just for rotation purposes unless i just go front to rear. I know when i owned my big rig, that's the only way you did a rotation cause the steel belts get pulled 1 direction so it was bad to flip em to the other side.

This might have been true with bias plies but it’s really not a concern with radials. I’ve heard it repeated a couple times on the internet but I’ve never heard it from anyone with proper training on the subject. If it was true, you’d destroy your tires every time you hit the brakes. 
The only rotational bias anyone ever said anything to me about in school was tread direction, for water shedding. 

and I can vouch that water shedding still happens fine with them backwards.  :D  is it better when forwards?  maybe. :dunno: but I never had any problems with either Michigan or Georgia downpours.  it feels more like a scammy "upsell" design than anything else (we got them on sale so I figured why not).  if they truly were that much better than normal tires, they'd all be that way by now instead of a tiny, tiny fraction of tires being that way. 

I think the idea is you’re pushing the water out from under the tire, and if you run them backwards they’ll push water inwards, making for more of a hydroplaning risk. There’s some ratio of water depth vs tread depth where it becomes important. Anything with deep tread is pretty resistant to hydroplaning anyhow though, you’re not wrong about that. 

On 6/28/2023 at 11:42 AM, FrankTheDog said:

Do yourself a favor and don’t drive on the beach. That’s a good way to accelerate it’s demise by rust.

I live at the beach bro. You can see a layer of salt on her every night.  Way of life here.....