Man I really LOVE them ol 715's!!!

CWLONGSHOT

nice. Thing has some power to be able to pull out two vehicles, haha I am pretty stoked about that.

POWER... not really any more than are trucks have... Many where straight 6's! What they DO HAVE is WEIGHT and GEARING!!!! PLUS the driver has a bit more experience (Or smarts) than the Bronco driver. Anyone can tie on and mash the pedal... Get it moving and momentum is your friend. Not to mention it didn't appear he was in anywhere near as deep mud as the other two... :roll: :eek: :D

CW

Many where straight 6's! What they DO HAVE is WEIGHT and GEARING!!!!

They ONLY came with straight sixes, and the gearing was over 5.00, I think something like 5.28 or something. Full floating Dana 60 front and Dana 70 rear. PTO driven Xcases, and PTO winches that could be in the bed or front bumper or both.

I just did a ton of research when I was gonna be able to get my hands on an old fire dept one, which that deal fell through. :cry:

Alex

A friend in Search and Rescue has one. He has been painting it and doing some other things so its not yellow anymore but it was a Fire department rig with a big ol water tank in the bed. He runs the old Tornado straight 6 for now. He got his dad to buy a 725 (ambulance body) so they will have a pair of the most capable search rigs out there.

http://home.comcast.net/~mmi_inc/bb.htm

nice. Thing has some power to be able to pull out two vehicles, haha I am pretty stoked about that.

POWER... not really any more than are trucks have... Many where straight 6's! What they DO HAVE is WEIGHT and GEARING!!!! PLUS the driver has a bit more experience (Or smarts) than the Bronco driver. Anyone can tie on and mash the pedal... Get it moving and momentum is your friend. Not to mention it didn't appear he was in anywhere near as deep mud as the other two... :roll: :eek: :D

CW

either way i am still stoked about it.

I'm pretty sure that one belonged to a dude in New Orleans and had a 4BT in it at the time.

Stock was a 230 OHC I-6 with 5.86 gears. Like 130 horse IIRC. They were dogs stock, it was all gearing.

It sure sounded like a diesel. Also did you see the Ford recovery team on the door. jamminz.gif