Nothing there...

So i bought my rusty bucket a few months ago. Took it for a short test drive. Checked heat, wipers, etc... Pulled transfer case lever it felt like it went in n out... That being said i was out playing around last night and got myself a lil stuck. Throw it in neutral pull her into 4 high. Nothing. 4 low, nothing... What do i check 1st? I have a 96 cherokee parts truck so i might be ahead a lil. Thanks

Joe, you don't say the year of the MJ.  If the front axle has a CAD, then I would suggest checking the vacuum lines on the axle.  If the lines are damaged and not giving vacuum to the CAD, the 4WD slider will not engage.  Ask me how I know...

12 minutes ago, Joe Dirt said:

Its an 87 sorry. I engaged it and i can't turn front shaft. Disengage it turns free. Now what?

That doesn't prove whether the CAD works as the t case will lock the shaft from turning.  If you jack up the front end, in two wheel drive both wheels should be able to be spun without spinning the other wheel, as they won't be connected.  When you engage the 4x4 and thus the CAD then when you spin one wheel the other should spin in reverse through the open diff.

That said, it sounds like you probably have a vacuum issue preventing the CAD from engaging.  Mine was unreliable until I replaced my full vacuum harness and accumulator, now it works perfectly.

I went out yesterday looking and the 96 doesn't have that cad diaphragm on it. Besides that they look the same Besides an abs sensor. Ill check gears. Then when I'm finally ready ill just unbolt links n roll 1 to the other. Good deal.