Dorman 97-555 Leaf Springs on Sale - Amazon

6 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Hmm. Are these for the shortbed or long bed? These don't look like metric ton package springs, they look standard. Are they any good?

I plan on going to a spring shop because my trust in dorman has waned significantly.

Lwb and swb have the same springs 

17 hours ago, acfortier said:

I think I'd be more comfortable getting a set from General Spring: https://www.generalspringkc.com/leaf-springs/jeep/comanche/

May be more expensive, but I think they've got a proven record here with members. I wonder who Dorman uses as a source for theirs?

Do you know if you can put the 5 leaf in instead of the 4? I just have an 87 but I tow a 4 wheeler ocassionally and maybe a boat this year

3 hours ago, Whitaker717 said:

Do you know if you can put the 5 leaf in instead of the 4? I just have an 87 but I tow a 4 wheeler ocassionally and maybe a boat this year

If your talking about metric ton springs than yes, just be prepared for your truck to sit a lot higher in the back. And you need to break them in or they will sit ridiculously high. I have a set in my swb and it sits like this with 3” lift in ft 

53E21D9B-36E5-4303-8575-71D677A2242E.jpeg.f1b4c2ae2238d32d5413289b5425c061.jpeg

1 minute ago, jpnjake said:

If your talking about metric ton springs than yes, just be prepared for your truck to sit a lot higher in the back. And you need to break them in or they will sit ridiculously high. I have a set in my swb and it sits like this with 3” lift in ft 

53E21D9B-36E5-4303-8575-71D677A2242E.jpeg.f1b4c2ae2238d32d5413289b5425c061.jpeg

It seems like my front end is a bit higher than the back at the moment. It sounds like the 4 leaf may do though. 

1 minute ago, Whitaker717 said:

It seems like my front end is a bit higher than the back at the moment. It sounds like the 4 leaf may do though. 

FWIW, I did an add a leaf in my truck using  a set of XJ 3" lift springs (just added one out of that pack to my original pack) and the 5 leaves made it drive a lot better than the 4 leaves. The truck felt more planted.

I'll be adding a leaf from each of my originals into the new ones when they get here so they'll be 4/2 (I have an AAL already).

Don't see the need to pay for the Metric ton set. Might have to have a shop re-arch the originals but still coming out way less than new 3/2 springs @ $200ea + $140 Shipping or Rusty's 4" for the same price.

@Whitaker717 are your springs aftermarket or originals?

48 minutes ago, howeitsdone said:

I'll be adding a leaf from each of my originals into the new ones when they get here so they'll be 4/2 (I have an AAL already).

Don't see the need to pay for the Metric ton set. Might have to have a shop re-arch the originals but still coming out way less than new 3/2 springs @ $200ea + $140 Shipping or Rusty's 4" for the same price.

@Whitaker717 are your springs aftermarket or originals?

To my knowledge they are stock

What l did with my truck was take a set of XJ 4” springs and cut the eyes off of them and used them with just the stock main leaf. About the equivalent of a set of metric tons.

I put 2” spacers in the front and it was nearly level with just the right amount of rake.