Comanche Love

WahooSteeler

Drove the MJ to work today since my daughter's car was getting inspected and I let her drive my car. First time I've been out and about in it for awhile, but only took a few hours to get 2 offers to buy it. First guy pulled up to me while I was getting gas and talked for about 10 minutes, he offered $5k. Second guy saw it parked while I ran in to a store and when I came out he was waiting for me, practically begged to buy it. He was driving a super clean lifted XJ, said he has a YJ and always wanted a Comanche. I told both of them it's not for sale but the 2nd guy kept pushing. I was curious what number I could get him to even though I don't plan on selling. He finally threw out $7k and I said well at least you got my attention but I think I'll hang on to it. Love it when this happens.  :D

29 minutes ago, WahooSteeler said:

He finally threw out $7k and I said well at least you got my attention but I think I'll hang on to it. Love it when this happens.  :D

:D

I have a feeling that offers like this will keep going up as the years keep going too! 

I had one guy a couple months ago pull up to my house while I was outside working on Chunk come up and ask if my MJ was for sale. Older gentleman too, in his 60's. I told him the she wasnt for sale. Told me about how they used to race them(which I knew about already but listened) and what not but I think they guy was upset that someone as young as I wouldnt sell a vehicle older than me but he seemed eager to get off my property in a huff after I said no...oh well. I rarely get asked.

Many years ago, I left my MJ outside my office overnight.  It was park fronting a main road.  I came back in the morning and found a note left on the windshield asking that if I was going to sell it, to call a phone #.

I still have the note.

I have never called the number.

These situations will go the way of the dodo bird as our generation passes, not very many younger generation care for classics of any kind, if it wasn't for the fast-n-furious movie franchise, even muscle cars were getting little to no attention.