Rare System XJ/MJ Sentinel / Clock on eBay

HOrnbrod

do all MJ's have the wires to plug that bad boy in.

Mike

Unfortunately no. The only thing you'll find in the MJ harness is the clock receptacle. MJs never had this option AFAIK; only the early XJ Limiteds in the US, and a lot of the early Export XJs. I have the wiring diagram for it, and toyed with the idea of fitting it in my 91 MJ, but finding the correct sensors are the problem. Every indicator depends on a switch closure to trigger a fault on the unit, there are no special logic circuits, so it could be fabbed, but it was more work than I thought it was worth. Would be neat though to get one working 100%............... :cheers:

I don't even think the it lasted until the XJ limiteds were introduced....

I seen the thing in a couple of 84-85 Wagoneers(the 4 headlight version). But I know where an 88 XJ limited with literally every option is sitting.(Including the built in cell-phone(about $2k at the time)) and it doesn't have it. Plus its not mentioned in the optional equipment brochure I have from 89.

BTW, I love the woodgrain dash.

These were offered in the XJ Waggys for sure, I never knew them to come in anything else. I have one left of all the ones I yanked out of old XJ Waggys from all the yards around Ohio. All I did was get the sensors and stuff from Napa. The one for the windshield washer fluid and coolant and stuff is easy to install. The ones for the axles and whatnot have to be drilled and tapped and everything so I would not find those worth the effort. The one I have left Jeepco already has dibs on.

If you see a XJ Waggy in a yard go take a look. I found those along with overhead counsels and lighted vanity mirrors in most. All of which went into my 91 Elim.

Alex

These were offered in the XJ Waggys for sure, I never knew them to come in anything else. I have one left of all the ones I yanked out of old XJ Waggys from all the yards around Ohio. All I did was get the sensors and stuff from Napa. The one for the windshield washer fluid and coolant and stuff is easy to install. The ones for the axles and whatnot have to be drilled and tapped and everything so I would not find those worth the effort. The one I have left Jeepco already has dibs on.

If you see a XJ Waggy in a yard go take a look. I found those along with overhead counsels and lighted vanity mirrors in most. All of which went into my 91 Elim.

Alex

I've seen them in some Export XJs in Saudi and other Middle East countries. Must have been Waggys too since this was in the late 80's.

okay which one of you guys out bid me for this thing....come on show yourself....... :mad:

oh well alls love and war in the Jeep World..... :cheers:

I was going to snipe it at the end but was playing Halo 3 and lost track of time. Went higher than I wanted to bid anyway.

:cheers: