No Power to Blower Motor

So I'm troubleshooting an issues with my 91 Comanche.  The blower motor stopped working.  I have 12V getting to the motor when it's disconnected, but as soon as I connect the motor it goes to 0V.  I have bypassed the blower resistor, the blower speed switch and the HVAC selector switch.  The problem appears to be between the 25 A blower fuse and the input to the selector switch (the pair of black/tan wires).  I see the 12V at the end of the connector and it goes away when I pull the fuse. But I don't have continuity between the two points.  I show 37K ohms of resistance.  My question is, are there any other components between the fuse and the selector switch or any place else I can test this without having to pull out the fuse panel?

12v going to 0v under load is an indication of high resistance, check every connection point to include the fuse and sockets, that's where mine had a bad connection. I solved this by cleaning the sockets in the fuse block with contact cleaner and the blades on the fuses with fine sand paper or Scotchbrite pads.

My volt meter is grounded at the metal frame under the dash. I used the existing ground wire when testing the blower motor with 12V connected to the battery. 

It's freezing cold out this week, so further testing will have to wait until the weekend. 

Has anyone taken apart a fuse panel? Are there any risks of something going wrong and not getting it back together.  I know about the hidden bolt in the engine compartment, but otherwise it looks pretty straightforward. Wish me luck. 

• 3 weeks later...

So for anyone following this post, here is the final result.  I attempted to remove the fuse panel to find the issue with the wiring.  I took out the 2 screw under the dash and the one screw from the engine side (very difficult), but I wasn't able to get the two halves apart.  I'm guessing it was weather sealed and I didn't want to mess with that.

Anyway, I ended up putting in an 'Add a Circuit' into the fuse panel and running a new wire to the HVAC control.  Everything works great now.  Thanks for all the help.