New Injectors issues. (Maybe?)

I'm in the process on finally putting my truck back together in the best way that i can, and while doing research here and in other sites it was pretty ovbious that the best injectors for my renix 'manche would be the 4 hole Bosch 0280155746, testimonies vary from moderate to drastic but they all agreed that these things were an improvement, so last year i ordered a set of 6 of them from ebay.

photo_2023-01-15_03-09-48.jpg.dc9ecf3a1e8235852231ae8887d2b251.jpg

Today i installed them on the truck, i took the fuel rail off the truck, cleaned it and then added vaseline to the o rings on both sides to make them slip into their holes easier on both sides, so far so good!
The "problem" i'm running into now is that they don't appear to be long enough for the fuel rail to properly grab them once i put the bolts onto the fuel rail supports again, in this next picture you can see the first injector in the frame being pushed as far as it'd go into the fuel rail, leaving a gap in between the injector and the engine below, the next injector further down the picture is pushed as far as it'll go into the engine, making it so that there's only a few millimeters of that upper O-ring to sit inside the cap.

photo_2023-01-15_03-13-13.jpg.6e101d142921636980b018f623b6ecca.jpg

I've still got some time to work on some other things in the truck, so i have time to figure this out i think, and for now i've pushed all the injectors as far as they'd go into the engine, figuring if any gap is there to exist it best be on the side of the rail and not because the injector is not sitting properly inside the block, but they move up and down super easily and i suspect just driving vibrations will knock them loose bouncing up and down, let alone let thek keep a good seal on the fuel

The fuel rail is sitting way too tall and to the back, what should i do? should i modify my rail in any way? and if so, how? has anyone ran into this same "problem?"
Is it even a problem at all or am i just over thinking things?

8 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

Is the old o-ring still inside the port?  Pull the fuel rail/injectors and shine a light inside a see if there is anything in the way.

Oh yeah, the rial is clean and cleared of anything the old injectors left behind i made sure of that, and if the bolts that hold the rail down to the intake are off i can make the rail sit down onto the injectors perfectly on both sides, the problem comes when i try to tighten them down to secure the rail, it starts to move back and “sit upright” and pulling away from the injectors

Here is them with the fuel ral being loose and then pushed down to mesh with the injectors well, the rail’s bases get pushed forward and no longer align well with the holes, so when you tighten the bolts to hold them down it gets pulled back and off the injectors

8A160194-62F4-4033-899C-42ADA4371462.jpeg

A76A12BE-7F1C-442E-ABA0-19ECDA930CD1.jpeg

4BC7B2AC-DDE7-4C81-B2BC-A683357E4A30.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Try mounting the rail w/injectors by themself. Disconnect both fuel lines, or at least the one at the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR). 

Just tried that too, the holes in the base of the rail still doesn't align with the holes to be bolted down, and when pushed back to align it loosens the grip it's got on the injectors... Same story.

I think i might need to modify the bases a little, either drill new holes in order to push the rail forward or somehow making the bases sit lower onto the intake, still undecided on what to do...

I'd just elongate those mounting holes on the tabs of the rail. Looks like you've got a few mm to give at the fuel return hardline bracket and the inlet side is flexible fuel hose. Billet Specialties makes all manner of adapters for injector to rail height adjustment, but I think that would be way more trouble than 2 minutes with a Dremel on those holes.

I suspect you are trying to push them in farther than they need to be.  I am running similar injectors and they don't go in any father than yours do.  As long as the lower o-ring is fully inside the manifold there should be no issues.  There is actually some advantage of having it not bottomed out as it gives some flexibility in a high vibration environment.20230116_203419.JPG.c14bef3e8bfaccd67d3af9f7d44cd8d4.JPG20230116_203351.JPG.839742c35529893d5c4870c1656cb6a4.JPG20230116_203402.JPG.1300f4830c71348891d199c615cc2e7d.JPG

5 hours ago, pizzaman09 said:

I suspect you are trying to push them in farther than they need to be.  I am running similar injectors and they don't go in any father than yours do.  As long as the lower o-ring is fully inside the manifold there should be no issues.  There is actually some advantage of having it not bottomed out as it gives some flexibility in a high vibration environment.20230116_203419.JPG.c14bef3e8bfaccd67d3af9f7d44cd8d4.JPG20230116_203351.JPG.839742c35529893d5c4870c1656cb6a4.JPG20230116_203402.JPG.1300f4830c71348891d199c615cc2e7d.JPG

What he said basically. I've been running the same injectors you're putting in for many years now and remember lining them up with the o-rings was a b!tch, vasoline helped. Here's a photo of my fuel rail/injectors. What screwed me was losing one of those rectangular "clips" for the injector, had to run to the junkyard just for one of those.

injectors.png.4a9382ff1479978c98f8680664c5d73c.png

And that's where i think i'm running into issues honestly, cause my injectors move up and down super easily with just a tiny bit of force and one of the more than 10 PO's this truck has had in Mexico alone made sure to make those clips disappear, i just don't have them.

Does anyone have a part number for them? i try to buy new instead of going junkyard hopping if i can

6 hours ago, Skylynx said:

And that's where i think i'm running into issues honestly, cause my injectors move up and down super easily with just a tiny bit of force and one of the more than 10 PO's this truck has had in Mexico alone made sure to make those clips disappear, i just don't have them.

Does anyone have a part number for them? i try to buy new instead of going junkyard hopping if i can

Google Jeep 4.0 fuel injector clip, they come up from a million sources.  I'd just got your local auto store and ask for a fuel injector clip, they appear to be rather universal, particularly as so many vehicles use Bosch injectors or Bosch style.