New Small Business Off Grid Research

OffGridResearch

First of all I would like to say on behalf of OFF GRID RESEARCH. Thank you for the community support and warm welcome to Comanche club. Starting this business has been an arduous endeavor but has been driven by passion.

Off Grid Research Started in 2019 right before the Pandemic hit and it took us out. 2022 Was a strong comeback and now we are finally pursuing creating the products that have been so long awaited in the Comanche and other Niche auto communities. 

We will be offering a New Street Jeep Body kit this year as well as many other cool products. 

It was mentioned here by Pete that we were going to 3d Print our bodykit.

We first thought about offering 3d Printed Body parts, And we still can upon special request, but decided against it regarding QC issues, build time and post processing needed by customer. Final production kits are made from ABS. Not 3d printed. We can't wait for you to get them in your hands.

Preorders are open now and all funds go right back into kit mass production. Expect Spring time /Early summer for first Deliveries. 

Kit includes Front bumper and all sideskirts. No rear bumper as its almost a stock rear bumper.

The bodykit is an all New Cad Designed Creation based off of the Original Archer kits and with the Blessing of the Archers themselves. Its reaches lower to the ground than the original , has a more aggresive lip, and different ports. It will also be optional with Brake cooling ducts, and chassis mount splitter for the serious race enthusiasts.  We also offer the front bumper alone. 

Installment options are available for the kits as well to help break up the purchase. 

Expect more content and products to start rolling in soon.( On and offroad Parts) 

We do not have a large team,(2 guys) we do not have many resources like big companies,(Zero backing startup) So please be patient, this has been a passion project and has required a serious amount of time, effort, logistics and expense. 

Instead of doing a community backed gofundme or kickstarter and asking for funds for free essentially to start out business we designed some cool products to offer that way you can support us and our product development and get a cool new Jeep part in return.

We just launched our Off Grid Research Mega Glow Front End Light kits. Which include 6 inch cob LED bars in all of your front marker lights, custom color housings to suit your build. So please check those out as all funds from those go into kit mass production as well. They are actually pretty damn badass. 

Also if anyone has any product ideas they would like to see brought to the market, message us at OGRESEARCHTEAM@gmail.com or Direct message on Instagram @offgridresearch. Follow us and stay tuned as well. We are on instagram and tiktok

OGRSHOP.COM Thanks everyone. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a Discount for Comanche Club members 10% off Your order for ALL products in the JEEP Skunkworks Collection. INCLUDING BODYKIT PREORDERS . Preorders will be delivered in the order they come in. First come first served. 

Use Link or type "ComancheClub" in discount box at Checkout. Cheers!

https://ogrshop.com/discount/ComancheClub?redirect=%2Fcollections%2Fjeep

1 minute ago, jpnjake said:

When you say it uses the factory rear bumper, do you mean an XJ rear bumper on an MJ. 

Also super excited someone is finally making a complete kit, and out of ABS none the less! Very exciting

I just meant the Original Street Comanche Rear bumper is so similar to a stock bumper it wasnt really worth the expense to mass produce. BUTTT i can 3d print them for people who are interested. Please just direct message us. We have the files. 

We genuinely appreciate the support! This business is our main life venture at the moment so its up to the community to help make this a success! 

11 minutes ago, OffGridResearch said:

I just meant the Original Street Comanche Rear bumper is so similar to a stock bumper it wasnt really worth the expense to mass produce. BUTTT i can 3d print them for people who are interested. Please just direct message us. We have the files. 

We genuinely appreciate the support! This business is our main life venture at the moment so its up to the community to help make this a success! 

:L: Got it, was just a little confused about that. This kit has got me drooling over building a Race MJ. 

i can’t wait to see how they come out on peoples trucks, great work 

6 minutes ago, jpnjake said:

:L: Got it, was just a little confused about that. This kit has got me drooling over building a Race MJ. 

i can’t wait to see how they come out on peoples trucks, great work 

Thank you very much, For a long time i was torn about re creating the kit because i didnt want to tarnish the value of the original street comanches. This is why i completely re designed the kit from scratch in CAD vs copying it with a direct mold. This will ensure Original Street Comanches will still be identifiable. And also provide the opportunity for people to build the race jeeps of their dreams! We can't wait to see peoples custom jeep builds. And we can't wait to release some new products we have in the works as well! 

14 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

Any more pics you could post up? 

We will be rolling out professional content soon. For now we must patently wait. Including me. I am dieing over here. Wanting to get these parts into peoples hands, get some content out there and build confidence and hype for the preorders. 

Imagine how hards its been for me to not leak that ive been working on this for the past EVER. :) Follow @offgridresearch on instagram and tiktok i post alot of teasers there. 

10 hours ago, OffGridResearch said:

We will be rolling out professional content soon. For now we must patently wait. Including me. I am dieing over here. Wanting to get these parts into peoples hands, get some content out there and build confidence and hype for the preorders. 

Imagine how hards its been for me to not leak that ive been working on this for the past EVER. :) Follow @offgridresearch on instagram and tiktok i post alot of teasers there. 

Tiktok?!?!?!

Real men don't do Tiktok.

Seriously -- if you want to reach olde phartes like me, you need something other than Tiktok, Instagram and Fecesbook.

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Seriously -- if you want to reach olde phartes like me, you need something other than Tiktok, Instagram and Fecesbook.

Tis true. :laugh: 

I'd assumes after a couple v8 street machines get built, word will get out quickly. :L:

21 hours ago, OffGridResearch said:

First of all I would like to say on behalf of OFF GRID RESEARCH. Thank you for the community support and warm welcome to Comanche club. Starting this business has been an arduous endeavor but has been driven by passion.

Off Grid Research Started in 2019 right before the Pandemic hit and it took us out. 2022 Was a strong comeback and now we are finally pursuing creating the products that have been so long awaited in the Comanche and other Niche auto communities. 

We will be offering a New Street Jeep Body kit this year as well as many other cool products. 

It was mentioned here by Pete that we were going to 3d Print our bodykit.

We first thought about offering 3d Printed Body parts, And we still can upon special request, but decided against it regarding QC issues, build time and post processing needed by customer. Final production kits are made from ABS. Not 3d printed. We can't wait for you to get them in your hands.

Preorders are open now and all funds go right back into kit mass production. Expect Spring time /Early summer for first Deliveries. 

Kit includes Front bumper and all sideskirts. No rear bumper as its almost a stock rear bumper.

The bodykit is an all New Cad Designed Creation based off of the Original Archer kits and with the Blessing of the Archers themselves. Its reaches lower to the ground than the original , has a more aggresive lip, and different ports. It will also be optional with Brake cooling ducts, and chassis mount splitter for the serious race enthusiasts.  We also offer the front bumper alone. 

Installment options are available for the kits as well to help break up the purchase. 

Expect more content and products to start rolling in soon.( On and offroad Parts) 

We do not have a large team,(2 guys) we do not have many resources like big companies,(Zero backing startup) So please be patient, this has been a passion project and has required a serious amount of time, effort, logistics and expense. 

Instead of doing a community backed gofundme or kickstarter and asking for funds for free essentially to start out business we designed some cool products to offer that way you can support us and our product development and get a cool new Jeep part in return.

We just launched our Off Grid Research Mega Glow Front End Light kits. Which include 6 inch cob LED bars in all of your front marker lights, custom color housings to suit your build. So please check those out as all funds from those go into kit mass production as well. They are actually pretty damn badass. 

Also if anyone has any product ideas they would like to see brought to the market, message us at OGRESEARCHTEAM@gmail.com or Direct message on Instagram @offgridresearch. Follow us and stay tuned as well. We are on instagram and tiktok

OGRSHOP.COM Thanks everyone. 

Please work at keeping this forum updated! I am another person happy to ditch the other platforms. I am having issues trying to select the actual color of the turn lens kits to order. I've tried both Mobil and desktop version on my android phone with the same results. I'd like to see an amber lens offered to match similar to oem. I'd be thrilled to see you offer both led and OEM style bulbs for xj wagoneer 4 headlight header panel as well as the grill insert for the header. Prepare yourself to be slammed for orders if so. There was never any aftermarket replacement just like complete MJ tail lights. Then of course there is another request as well. While we are at it, factory rear mj bumper end caps could be enough business to hire another employee again. Then there is rear mj rear wheel well flare liners. AMC look alike mudflaps and about everything console oem for MJ especially if you can be successful at matching all interior color options. I'm just getting started:banana:especially if all your products are made here in the US. I'll go broke spending my last penny on US goods here on out. I'll be broke otherwise paying more $ shipping $ outside our borders for inferior products. Thank you, I wish your business the best of luck, and look forward to supporting it.

4 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Please work at keeping this forum updated! I am another person happy to ditch the other platforms. I am having issues trying to select the actual color of the turn lens kits to order. I've tried both Mobil and desktop version on my android phone with the same results. I'd like to see an amber lens offered to match similar to oem. I'd be thrilled to see you offer both led and OEM style bulbs for xj wagoneer 4 headlight header panel as well as the grill insert for the header. Prepare yourself to be slammed for orders if so. There was never any aftermarket replacement just like complete MJ tail lights. Then of course there is another request as well. While we are at it, factory rear mj bumper end caps could be enough business to hire another employee again. Then there is rear mj rear wheel well flare liners. AMC look alike mudflaps and about everything console oem for MJ especially if you can be successful at matching all interior color options. I'm just getting started:banana:especially if all your products are made here in the US. I'll go broke spending my last penny on US goods here on out. I'll be broke otherwise paying more $ shipping $ outside our borders for inferior products. Thank you, I wish your business the best of luck, and look forward to supporting it.

Thanks for the support! I think everyone has to realize and it should honestly go without saying that for a business to thrive in modern times, you have to be on all major platforms of social media and even though you might not like it, Every one mentioned is much larger than Comancheclub. But! For you old timers, we will keep you updated here. 

The website OGRSHOP.COM is set up well and you shouldnt have any issues selecting a color, All you do is hit add to cart if that particular color is in stock. Multiple colors are available now and people have allready made purchases no problem. Let me know if there is any way i can assist. Or you can just message me what you would like and ill send it out! You can purchase through me direct if needed. 

We appreciate the product insight as we know there are many rare sought after goodies no longer available. Like i said we are a no backing startup so bringing even the smallest product to market requires alot of resource. But stay tuned as many new items will hit the market soon. We are more into building new aftermarket parts than nos replicas. Key parts might be better to contact for parts like that. 

can't wait to see a MEGA GLOW kit on your rig. They are badass!

2 hours ago, OffGridResearch said:

Thanks for the support! I think everyone has to realize and it should honestly go without saying that for a business to thrive in modern times, you have to be on all major platforms of social media and even though you might not like it, Every one mentioned is much larger than Comancheclub. But! For you old timers, we will keep you updated here.

That's understood. I'm not so naive that I don't understand why companies need to have a presence on channels like Instagram and Fecesbook. I'm not sold on Tiktok, though. People with a 15-second attention span are just going to jump to the next time waster, not buy expensive products. My point is simply that for vehicles such as the Comanche, if those are your only ways of promoting your company and your product -- you're going to miss a lot of prospective customers.

Speaking only for myself, although I know I'm not alone in this, it's not just that I don't like those sites. I don't have an Instagram account. I don't have a Fecesbook account. I don't have a Tiktok account. I never will have accounts on any of them, and I never look at them. Yes, I'm a Luddite -- but I'm also the demographic that cares about old Comanches.

18 minutes ago, Eagle said:

That's understood. I'm not so naive that I don't understand why companies need to have a presence on channels like Instagram and Fecesbook. I'm not sold on Tiktok, though. People with a 15-second attention span are just going to jump to the next time waster, not buy expensive products. My point is simply that for vehicles such as the Comanche, if those are your only ways of promoting your company and your product -- you're going to miss a lot of prospective customers.

Speaking only for myself, although I know I'm not alone in this, it's not just that I don't like those sites. I don't have an Instagram account. I don't have a Fecesbook account. I don't have a Tiktok account. I never will have accounts on any of them, and I never look at them. Yes, I'm a Luddite -- but I'm also the demographic that cares about old Comanches.

Don't worry we have been on Comancheclub forum since 2008. 

7 hours ago, OffGridResearch said:

The website OGRSHOP.COM is set up well and you shouldnt have any issues selecting a color, All you do is hit add to cart if that particular color is in stock. Multiple colors are available now and people have allready made purchases no problem. Let me know if there is any way i can assist. Or you can just message me what you would like and ill send it out! You can purchase through me direct if needed. 

We appreciate the product insight as we know there are many rare sought after goodies no longer available. Like i said we are a no backing startup so bringing even the smallest product to market requires alot of resource. But stay tuned as many new items will hit the market soon. We are more into building new aftermarket parts than nos replicas. Key parts might be better to contact for parts like that. 

can't wait to see a MEGA GLOW kit on your rig. They are badass!

Yeah I'm still having issues with selecting the color. It's either my phone screen or the site. I haven't had issues with any other sites recently. Fyi I started life out as a CGT major at Purdue(Computer Graphics Tech). I wouldn't consider myself old just fortunate enough to be part of the last generation to see the pros and cons of the internet and platforms. You would be sadly mistaken to put fourth too much hype into all the platforms. The 40 and up Gen X crowd were the only ones to be proficient learning/using/creating/building and seeing the tech changes as drastically changing modern life to what's known today while also being anti establishment from the start. We are the ones that are stable with money that have kept the MJs alive this long for your generation. We were the ones AMC and everyone else researched, designed, and manufactured originally to specifically sell their products to.  I'm a bit puzzled though on your business plan of staying primarily aftermarket while having your major current kit being what it is. That's kinda a yes but no there. If you have the capacity to make lenses and led, my suggestion is it may be wise to use that knowledge to sell similar products to fund the product dreams down the road. Most of what I suggested was basically all aftermarket parts. Oem like options and in led updated versions basically modernizing things that fit organically with the old oem. If you can make an mj side marker, you can make an xj waggy is all I'm saying. Nobody has yet is the point. Beat the competition to it! Isn't that the whole point in meeting supply demand in business? Otherwise plan on a struggle if your planning on making products already in market cheaper than companies already there established on a small business scale. That's a recipe for disaster. I'm even more perplexed about the comment of being here since 2008. I'm just giving my 2 cents and I'd like to give you $150 roughly more if your site worked with my android phone. I tried again this morning after thoroughly cleaning my screen and removing the protector. The selection choice box goes hay wire my on my phone not allowing me to make a selection.  If it wasn't for ordering newly designed Jeep parts and my wife, I wouldn't even have the internet and already be living off grid years ago. Fyi most of silicone valley and it's platforms have been bleeding money and will for quite some time. It's finally catching up. It's only really been about twenty years of existence going back to turtle pace loading days. They are all trends that will come and go especially as the mob gene pool grows larger and less educated. 

2 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Yeah I'm still having issues with selecting the color. It's either my phone screen or the site. I haven't had issues with any other sites recently. Fyi I started life out as a CGT major at Purdue(Computer Graphics Tech). I wouldn't consider myself old just fortunate enough to be part of the last generation to see the pros and cons of the internet and platforms. You would be sadly mistaken to put fourth too much hype into all the platforms. The 40 and up Gen X crowd were the only ones to be proficient learning/using/creating/building and seeing the tech changes as drastically changing modern life to what's known today while also being anti establishment from the start. We are the ones that are stable with money that have kept the MJs alive this long for your generation. We were the ones AMC and everyone else researched, designed, and manufactured originally to specifically sell their products to.  I'm a bit puzzled though on your business plan of staying primarily aftermarket while having your major current kit being what it is. That's kinda a yes but no there. If you have the capacity to make lenses and led, my suggestion is it may be wise to use that knowledge to sell similar products to fund the product dreams down the road. Most of what I suggested was basically all aftermarket parts. Oem like options and in led updated versions basically modernizing things that fit organically with the old oem. If you can make an mj side marker, you can make an xj waggy is all I'm saying. Nobody has yet is the point. Beat the competition to it! Isn't that the whole point in meeting supply demand in business? Otherwise plan on a struggle if your planning on making products already in market cheaper than companies already there established on a small business scale. That's a recipe for disaster. I'm even more perplexed about the comment of being here since 2008. I'm just giving my 2 cents and I'd like to give you $150 roughly more if your site worked with my android phone. I tried again this morning after thoroughly cleaning my screen and removing the protector. The selection choice box goes hay wire my on my phone not allowing me to make a selection.  If it wasn't for ordering newly designed Jeep parts and my wife, I wouldn't even have the internet and already be living off grid years ago. Fyi most of silicone valley and it's platforms have been bleeding money and will for quite some time. It's finally catching up. It's only really been about twenty years of existence going back to turtle pace loading days. They are all trends that will come and go especially as the mob gene pool grows larger and less educated. 

Sounds like user error. 

6 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Website is working perfectly. Mobile and desktop. If you want to place an order direct because your phone is broken email ogresearchteam@gmail.com.  cheers