Looking for Renix cruise control parts

pizzaman09

2 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

I have all if those parts, except the clutch one which honestly isnt important to the operation of cruise control and works fine as an automatic set up. I am surprised you didnt buy a kit from me or jump on the list. 

I wasn't aware that you had a kit!  I don't formally have the cruise control speedometer cables either but was thinking of just ordering new.  Do you have them as well?

17 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

No, i have been having members who buy the kit to order new cables. But yes I can supply you with the rest of the parts.

That would be phenomenal.  I need to check if I have the wiring already.  My truck was pretty fully loaded so I'm guessing it may have it.  Let me check tomorrow and I'll confirm the exact parts I still need.

57 minutes ago, pizzaman09 said:

Clutch Switch (which I'll find if you don't have)

Good luck, I’ve searched and searched and searched and no one seems to make anything like that. The cruise setup is an old Dana set up from the 70’s. Stuff now that has a clutch got the switch from the clutch switch the ECU uses on a modern day car. Now I suppose if you wanted you could use such but it probably won’t fit the plug on the harness. Like I said it’s not really necessary to have. I run the automatic set up on mine with no clutch switch. Plus you will have to make a bracket of some sort to mount the switch. 

But I’ll locate all that stuff today for ya. 

27 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Good luck, I’ve searched and searched and searched and no one seems to make anything like that. The cruise setup is an old Dana set up from the 70’s. Stuff now that has a clutch got the switch from the clutch switch the ECU uses on a modern day car. Now I suppose if you wanted you could use such but it probably won’t fit the plug on the harness. Like I said it’s not really necessary to have. I run the automatic set up on mine with no clutch switch. Plus you will have to make a bracket of some sort to mount the switch. 

So there were renix manual mjs and xjs that actually came off the line with cruise originally? I'm not saying your a liar or anything. I just always wanted one and never once have seen one or it work. I did find an 86 2.5 mj manual with cruise in which I pulled most of the cruise setup I'm guessing. The box was orange. I had mentioned it to you before but i had always wondered if it worked and that was the original transmission for the truck. I highly doubt the truck is still there, but I guarantee I'll be back to try to get the rest of what sounds to be a tough to find setup. From what I recall though, the clutch assembly and brake switch seemed just like the early 80s xj renix that had the vacuum plug and 4 prong. Those would be the same as automatic I'd think then.

52 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

So there were renix manual mjs and xjs that actually came off the line with cruise originally? I'm not saying your a liar or anything. I just always wanted one and never once have seen one or it work. I did find an 86 2.5 mj manual with cruise in which I pulled most of the cruise setup I'm guessing. The box was orange. I had mentioned it to you before but i had always wondered if it worked and that was the original transmission for the truck. I highly doubt the truck is still there, but I guarantee I'll be back to try to get the rest of what sounds to be a tough to find setup. From what I recall though, the clutch assembly and brake switch seemed just like the early 80s xj renix that had the vacuum plug and 4 prong. Those would be the same as automatic I'd think then.

Yes there were without a doubt some that rolled off. I actually have one NOS switch that I am keeping for historic and educational purposes and I lack the bracket that mounts to the clutch pedal. I don’t think any of the harnesses I ever got for cruise control we’re manual and if one is I need to set it aside for the same purposes. I’ll dig out what ever I find today and post it for informative purposes only. 

Now the switch above the brake pedal is one of two switches. One that’s for the 4wd setup(I think) and the other is just a valve that when the brake is pushed, dumps all vacuum pressure from the system and has to be resumed by the stalk due to the separate brake switch that pauses cruise control. 

And as far as the computer box colors go, I have no idea on the significance in that. I’ve seen yellow, black, orange and gray for the old sold by Dana kits. I don’t think there’s anything different between any of them except maybe hardware used internally. 

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

my 88 has factory cruise and a peugeot.  :L: 

2 hours ago, jpnjake said:

My 87 is a 4.0 Peugeot that had factory cruise 

Would either of you get pictures of the clutch setup for the brake light switch/vacuum dump setup posted here?

Not only might be able to help out pizzaman09, I might be able to source others. 

2 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Yes there were without a doubt some that rolled off. I actually have one NOS switch that I am keeping for historic and educational purposes and I lack the bracket that mounts to the clutch pedal. I don’t think any of the harnesses I ever got for cruise control we’re manual and if one is I need to set it aside for the same purposes. I’ll dig out what ever I find today and post it for informative purposes only. 

Now the switch above the brake pedal is one of two switches. One that’s for the 4wd setup(I think) and the other is just a valve that when the brake is pushed, dumps all vacuum pressure from the system and has to be resumed by the stalk due to the separate brake switch that pauses cruise control. 

And as far as the computer box colors go, I have no idea on the significance in that. I’ve seen yellow, black, orange and gray for the old sold by Dana kits. I don’t think there’s anything different between any of them except maybe hardware used internally. 

I recall that bracket and dump switch years back but I thought that was only for auto trans. I thought I was only able to round up one here at the time we spoke. It would have gone with the rest of the cruise setup I pulled and sent with a truck I sold to a friend. I have done more organizing in my garage in those years. I have a pile of pedal assemblies now so there might be sitting there. Either way the honey hole with Sentry setup should have possibly some more as well as a single floater at two or three other bfe getting spots hiding.

21 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

except the clutch one which honestly isnt important to the operation of cruise control and works fine as an automatic set up.

True, but.......

Purpose of Clutch Switch (CS) is to disengage Cruise Control (CC) when the clutch is depressed and the Brake Sw is NOT. EX: CC is set in 3rd gear and you shift to 4th or vice-versa. Maybe one would say, depress clutch pedal to coast up to stop light or stop sign. Could be even more situations where CS is needed. Since this signal is a function of the CC Module, I believe the CC module will then dump the vacuum held within the CC Servo.

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

I recall that bracket and dump switch years back but I thought that was only for auto trans. I thought I was only able to round up one here at the time we spoke. It would have gone with the rest of the cruise setup I pulled and sent with a truck I sold to a friend. I have done more organizing in my garage in those years. I have a pile of pedal assemblies now so there might be sitting there. Either way the honey hole with Sentry setup should have possibly some more as well as a single floater at two or three other bfe getting spots hiding.

Yeah I have seen two styles of the dump valve. A simple black one that’s a valve and the other that looks like it’s also a switch assembly too. 

21 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Yeah I have seen two styles of the dump valve. A simple black one that’s a valve and the other that looks like it’s also a switch assembly too. 

Any chance you can cross reference to see if they by some miracle be the same as full size Jeeps and any others of that time frame? If so, I have lots more options in my honey spots to source the dump valves at least.

18 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Any chance you can cross reference to see if they by some miracle be the same as full size Jeeps and any others of that time frame? If so, I have lots more options in my honey spots to source the dump valves at least.

Yeah I’ll take a look here soon. I gotta back out the XJ and dig out the cruise stuff. 

4 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Would either of you get pictures of the clutch setup for the brake light switch/vacuum dump setup posted here?

Not only might be able to help out pizzaman09, I might be able to source others. 

If the parts are still in there I can, at some point in it’s life a lot of the parts for the truck were removed 

On 12/11/2022 at 10:25 AM, eaglescout526 said:

I would appear that I should also need the vacuum reservoir and vacuum harness.  The guide I was looking at for cruise 🎛️ control parts completely skipped the vacuum system.  Do you have the reservoir and vacuum harness?