Rock sliders

so you didn't want to sacrifice ground clearance and used angle iron to protect the rockers.yet your arms stick down below the angle iron just as much as if you just used some box tubing makes plenty of sense . hate to break it to you but you lost your ground clearance anyway.

i think i would like them to stick out a little further to help protect flares and mirrors a tiny bit.

but i do like your design, is the angle actually touching the rocker? seems like it would bend easier than a tube setup, you tried hi-lifting on them yet?

Mine will be weld in ones that replace the rockers and extend to the rear wheel opening. I will also be plating the frame from the front to the rear spring mounts and doing some minor boatsiding fron the rockers to tne frame rail. This combined with a flat bottom should help me slide over rocks and such without getting hung up.

see what i mean. think before you speak

hate to break it to you wise @$$ .i thought before i spoke and you are still losing the same ground clearance. you can dream that your not all you want.yes you do have some extra clearance at the body but the arm which attaches it to the frame is just as low as any other slider out there so you are losing just as much ground clearance as they are.any rock that passes under the vehicle is going to hit your arm just as it would any other slider.hence you have lost the same amount of ground clearance.sure if you are passing by a rock you might skim by will the other types will rub but thats not increased ground clearance.yours are not as wide thats its

listen and learn before you speak.

here i'll even show you using your own picture.

46684673rl2.jpg

see look at that ground clearance is the same.the only thing you have improved is side clearance.

now don't get all upset.you ask what people thought and i told you .sorry to throw your theory out the window and prove you haven't gain any more height then any other slider out there.i'm not trying to take away from your design just simply pointing out you are wrong in one aspect of your build.you have lost just as much ground clearance as any other.

Badger, I think what he's getting at is towards the outside he has more clearance than a conventional slider, which he does. His intentions with his sliders are different than your intentions with yours.

Internet arguements are like racing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

never said he didn't have more clearance on the outside edge but that has nothing to do with ground clearance.his width is less then a conventional slider ,so that would be more side clearance not ground clearance.its semantics really.oh and i never posted pics of my sliders .i don't even have rockers to protect right now.

I just think it's too close to the sheetmetal. a good hit will bend the crap outta the sheetmetal...you do only have 2 mounting points and 4 bolts holding it in.

a setup like PETEM's setup would not bend quite so easily...

look closer he also has a piece of steel going to the pinch seam.

I would make a ramp of sorts to allow a rock to slide under the mounting brackets instead of getting hung up on them. They are tucked in nice. :D

I like to pivot so these aren't for me, but I'm sure my wife would like yours better then mine. She hated the one I had on my XJ because they stuck out too far according to her.... :roll:

Mine will stick out a couple of inches more, but will have better ground clearance because the bottom of mine will be where the top of the pinch rail is. I'm removing my pinch rails completely and welding in my rock rails in as my rockers. :brows:

badger, pinch seams aren't exactly tough. and chances are if your rocker is rusted out, your seam is just as bad...so, if geometry and phyisics bear with me, a good, solid hit with 4 anchor points on the frame side and a similar amount on the pinch seam, may, and probably will, still bend the rockers up pretty good.

not to say they aren't protected. they'll take quite a beating I'm sure, but it could be a bit farther from the body to protect it more.