History of Jeep part 2

a1awind

was at barnes and noble today and was flipping through the "History of Jeep Part 2". and found a paragraph that blatantly states that the Comanche was axed because it was a competitor to the Dakota! finally someone admits to one of Chryslers big mistakes.

was at barnes and noble today and was flipping through the "History of Jeep Part 2". and found a paragraph that blatantly states that the Comanche was axed because it was a competitor to the Dakota! finally someone admits to one of Chryslers big mistakes.

Same things in a jeep book i have had for years i think its called "jeep the unstopable legend" or something like that. It's a shame...

yeah, i read that on i think wikipedia

I knew that but, Why did they kill the xj?

Aging platform. I read somewhere that the Grand was supposed to replace the XJ, but Chrysler kept it off the chopping block because XJ sales were still going strong(No idea how true that is).

the xj was too reliable probably. When i was a ford service adviser we periodically had designers and engineers come in. I had an engineer tell me to my face that "the 300 inline 6 was replaced with the 4.2 because the 300 was too reliable". i had always heard of that but i didn't believe it till then!