Anybody ever seen one of these?

Gojira94

This was mounted in the bed, passenger side rail when I bought my MJ project. Over-the wheel hump 2-section cooler/ box whatever. It has a drain hole at each end, so I'm obviously thinking cooler. I absolutely have no desire to keep it, whatsoever. Before I throw it on the local craigslist, I wanted to get some input as to whether this was made specially for MJs, or random crap somebody put in it... Keys are long gone but it's not locked and the locks can be changed out. That nasty roll of rubber mat is unrelated...

IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG

13 hours ago, Pete M said:

nice!  haven't seen one of those in forever.  :D 

I found a logo on one end that says VDP. I googled them and apparently they still make stuff and sell through NAPA, maybe some others. "Vertically Driven Products" wheel well storage. So not an 'uncommonly surviving vintage dealer accessory.' If it was, I'd have sold it here for basically shipping cost, lol. Still would if anybody wanted it. I'll probably just put it up for $10 on the local craigslist.

https://icreativesandbox.com/dev/vdp/product/wheel-well-storage/

11 hours ago, Gojira94 said:

I found a logo on one end that says VDP. I googled them and apparently they still make stuff and sell through NAPA, maybe some others. "Vertically Driven Products" wheel well storage. So not an 'uncommonly surviving vintage dealer accessory.' If it was, I'd have sold it here for basically shipping cost, lol. Still would if anybody wanted it. I'll probably just put it up for $10 on the local craigslist.

https://icreativesandbox.com/dev/vdp/product/wheel-well-storage/

how much would shipping be to 48309?

Oakland county, Michigan? No idea. It’s 2 sections, maybe 15-18 lbs. USPS or FedEx home delivery would be 3-4 days, probably. Wild guess in the neighborhood of $40-45? If you’re serious I’ll clean it up, separate it and see what packing and shipping would cost if you really would like to have it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 10:10 PM, Gojira94 said:

Oakland county, Michigan? No idea. It’s 2 sections, maybe 15-18 lbs. USPS or FedEx home delivery would be 3-4 days, probably. Wild guess in the neighborhood of $40-45? If you’re serious I’ll clean it up, separate it and see what packing and shipping would cost if you really would like to have it.

if you still have these, I'm still want them, how do we workoutvpayment?

15 hours ago, motownXJdad said:

if you still have these, I'm still want them, how do we workoutvpayment?

I can go to my local pack & ship and send them off to you. You can pay whatever that is via PayPal. Obviously I’d do the cheapest option to ship. PM me with an address and I’ll get em cleaned up and on the way.

4 hours ago, strictlyxjs said:

Good storage solution for us with roll bars who can't fit a tool box

Sell me your roll bar so that it solves your huge, incredibly painful, deal breaker, might-as-well-not-go, storage problem. :brows: :L: