Windshield years

I have been restoring my 86 Comanche. Now it is time to have a windshield put in. I have removed the old one (cracked) Stripped the metal, por15 and replaced trim clips. Called local shop that I have used in the past and he cannot seem to find one. I have read old post where any 1984 to 2001 XJ windshield will work. Is this true? Are there any differences? Other than tint. He is telling me his interchange chart does not show 84-01 will work. Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks

First guy called me back. $1000.00 installed. Said a windshield for a Comanche was hard to find. Said thankyou but no thank you. Went to the Safelight site. Typed in 1986 Comanche. Said I would need to talk to a technician. Kept hitting the back button and changed it to a 1996 Cherokee. They will be here Wednesday. $396.00

23 hours ago, JimB said:

First guy called me back. $1000.00 installed. Said a windshield for a Comanche was hard to find. Said thankyou but no thank you. Went to the Safelight site. Typed in 1986 Comanche. Said I would need to talk to a technician. Kept hitting the back button and changed it to a 1996 Cherokee. They will be here Wednesday. $396.00

atta-boy👍