Line-X vs __________

About to have my bed done and I've been "researching" quite a lot. My impression is that professionally applied bed liners, like Line-X or Rhino Liner, are FAR more durable and add FAR more resistance to dents and scratches than do-it-yourself products like Raptor Liner (although raptor liner seem to be significantly superior to products like herculiner which I've had bad experiences with)

If cost is not a concern, what is the best truck bed liner?

I’ve had rhino and bullet liner installed professionally and both failed by bubbling and delaminating. The pro level stuff is definitely the thickest and therefore the most dent/scratch resistant but I have yet to see a shop properly prep and old pickup bed for it. A tiny it if moisture will wick it’s way under the material and start working it loose. You can then pull it off in sheets. I couldn’t believe it myself but I was able to remove the entire tailgate liner in one continuous piece. Since then I’ve been prepping the beds and parts myself and have had far superior results. The 2 part liners I’ve used (Raptor and Hippo Liner) both have a much harder surface and form a much stronger chemical bond. They will not prevent dents as well since they aren’t thick and rubbery like Rhino or Bullet though. Imo the 2 part diy systems look a heck of a lot better if you spray them out yourself. 

Monstaliner is another diy bed liner with an orange peel texture. They have quite a few colors so you might be able to get close to your color. It's all in the prep if you don't do the prep none of them will stick good. I did the YJ back in late 2015 and still looks good. It's been out in the Oklahoma sun 6+ years now. In contrast the flares used to match the black on the door.

20220216_122356.jpg

I like Monstaliner. I agree that it's 2-part or nothing, and prep is everything. I sanded all of the base coat down with 120 grit, wiped the whole truck down with MEK and tack cloths, rolled on their 2 part epoxy primer, then the next day did the blue, then gray, then the bed. You have to have a rough, clean surface to get anything to stick. The hardest spots to get to are going to be where a failure starts. I spent probably 2+ weeks prepping and 3-4 days painting.

Ignore the Grom, this is just the 1st picture I have.

20220605_150102.jpg.fec40b192bee88aff3c794aa3cfb1e00.jpg 

Close up behind these abs sensor plugs I made a while back.

20211221_164210.jpg.5aad14ec7bcd5f4604cf67d9e8d88b8f.jpg

My local bed liner shop does warranty their work, and they use a heated, two-part polyurethane. I definitely want dent resistance as my bed is going to see rough treatment.

On the other hand, I see you guys have gotten excellent results from do-it-yourself brands with proper prep.

Might end up coming down to how much free time vs cash I have when I'm ready to pull the trigger.