Rear Disc Brake Set Ups

I was at our pull and pay yard this weekend and saw a Grand Cherokee with a what looked to be a dana 35 with complete disc brake set up on the rear. I also found a Honda SUV with what looked to be a dana 44 with rear disc brakes, although it had 6 lug axles. Are both or either one of these worth grabbing if the price is right?

the dana 35 stuff, sure. as long as you have a dana 35 with drums that you plan on keeping for a while (ie, not upgrading to a d44 or 8.8) and you wanna upgrade to discs.

the 44 stuff, i'd say no. the six lug stuff is pretty much useless to you and any other jeep. you would need the whole axle, then change your front axle to a six lug as well.

or if it is ungodly cheap, buy them and sell them to others.

I've got a set of disc backing plates/calipers/soft lines off a ZJ D44a I was gonna run on my MJ '44 but decided not to. They need new e-brake pads and rotors, but are otherwise complete, and I'd let them go for $150 plus shipping if you're interested (?)

Jeff

edit: $500MJ posted up while I was typing this......I don't know if the ZJ '35 and '44 assemblies are the same. I figured the D44a stuff would be a direct swap to my MJ D44. Anyone know if they're all the same or not?

I already have rear discs on the Dana 44 in my MJ. I was just looking around that yard and was curious if either one of these might be of any use. For example the Dana 35 fitting a Dana 44 with or with out modifications.

Jeff, what year axle did those come off of? What years would work?

Came off a '97 ZJ as best I can remember. If anyone has a set of D35 disc assemblies, I can measure these and see if there's any difference.

Lemme know...

Jeff

The 44, I believe is a direct bolt on. I installed my ZJ Disc brake parts on my MJ's new rear axle which is a 8.25 out of a 98 XJ, all it took was about 45min of gently reaming the tube hole out a slight bit, and bolting it all on.

The ZJ stuff is DEFINITELY worth getting, but I wouldn't pay more than 175 for everything.