Best car for a new 16 year old driver?

schardein

Yeah, i am not recommending a supercharged version for a new driver, and i do agree almost any new car these days has more HP than most made in the 90's / 2000,s. 

A Camry is also a great choice although a friend of mine has an 04 Camry 4cyl auto that I have worked on and I am pretty sure it will outrun my 3800 LeSabre. 

9 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

It’s not really any worse than anything else out there. A typical family hauler from the last handful of years that a current teen would learn in is pushing 300 hp, and the cars the higher hp 3800 iterations came in were mostly pretty heavy. It might have been quick for 2000, but in 2020, 250hp is not that impressive.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, Eagle said:

Plus the 3800 is hardly appropriate for a 16-year old novice driver.

However, a GM 3.4L V-6 makes a nice swap into an early XJ or MJ. Pretty much bolt-in except for neutral balancing the flywheel.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, Eagle said:

Plus the 3800 is hardly appropriate for a 16-year old novice driver.

However, a GM 3.4L V-6 makes a nice swap into an early XJ or MJ. Pretty much bolt-in except for neutral balancing the flywheel.

5 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

I'd throw in a Pontiac Aztek. She won't get a date till she's 30. You can rest easy at night. No need to buy a shotgun and rock salt loads. I actually think the Aztec looks good. 

Would you want your daughter dating someone who thinks the Aztek is cool?

25 minutes ago, 75sv1 said:

Well, what's the options? MJ drivers? 

The Aztek gets my vote as the ugliest automobile ever designed. And I've seen a lot of ugly cars, including things like the Renault Deux Cheveaux. You see an Aztek rolling down the road (maybe once every ten years!) and you have to think, "Were they all on crack when they designed that?"

On 3/28/2022 at 6:08 AM, 75sv1 said:

I'd throw in a Pontiac Aztek. She won't get a date till she's 30. You can rest easy at night. No need to buy a shotgun and rock salt loads. I actually think the Aztec looks good. 

I don't know my high school girlfriend drove a Chevy Chevette 4dr. Didn't stop me.