Street Comanche Body Kit

cquinnball

I was able to get my hands on a Street Comanche for the project but it is missing the kit and front grill.  If anyone has a body kit or grill for sale I would be very appreciative.  I have located a few but none are for sale at the moment.  

I am located in NY.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have someone who can make fiberglass molds. I just don’t have a kit to copy. I can’t say that I would mass produce but the first thing I would do is create molds in the event my pieces get damaged. 

I know there is a lot of debate about keeping them on street trucks only vs producing for the masses and I’m not sure where I stand on that but I know I would make molds so I could replace my own parts as needed. 

any leads on a complete kit that may be for sale would be appreciated!

On 4/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, cquinnball said:

I have someone who can make fiberglass molds. I just don’t have a kit to copy. I can’t say that I would mass produce but the first thing I would do is create molds in the event my pieces get damaged. 

I know there is a lot of debate about keeping them on street trucks only vs producing for the masses and I’m not sure where I stand on that but I know I would make molds so I could replace my own parts as needed. 

any leads on a complete kit that may be for sale would be appreciated!

You keep dancing around the question...

WHAT NUMBER IS YOUR TRUCK?? It is not in the directory as far as a thread you started.

I do not.

And I am sorry if I came off as rude but that is the first time you have mentioned what number you bought/own after 2 previous questions of what number the truck is. Only saw one post where you mentioned you own an 89 and then this thread that mentions you own a SC. 

You did mention it was there in the SC section but there hasn't been one posted for sale on the forums recently besides #16 I believe. Just had a few of us skeptical I guess. I'm sure a few people would like to put the SC panels on their truck and I am sure that at least one person is willing to lie to get a set.

Hi.  I did start this wanted thread as looking for the body kit for a project.  I have an 89/87/SC96. My original plan was to make a clone out of the 87 I have but thought that the project really needed to be an authentic street.  After reaching out to most of the street threads I later purchased 96 and then edited the original post to refer to a street Comanche project rather than just a project. I wanted people to know that if people knew I actually had a street they may be more inclined to sell.  To be honest I didn’t know just how few kits were around. I know now they are hard to find and know there is a lot of debate about keep street parts on street trucks. But I would never lie on here to get street parts. 

I didn’t mention the number to be sure no one swooped in to try to buy it out from under me since there was already a thread about it. I only mentioned it yesterday since it was picked up yesterday. 96 needs a lot of work but it is doable. The issue I have is the street parts. There are about 5 or 6 kits that I’ve tracked down but no one will sell. Disappointing that no matter how awesome I get the truck it may never be complete.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...