How is the wheeling in Ohio?

m2bandit

I'm from the west, was in northern AZ but now I am staying in a CA craphole since I met my fiancee there.

We're looking for a place to go. The problem is housing is insane in places we've looked.

Right now we're between northern NM and Ohio. 

I love rocks, I've heard of a few places back east but not much.

• m2bandit changed the title to How is the wheeling in Ohio?

If I had to move to a different state, it would be northwest Arkansas if only considering liking the terrain/parks/land, but there's no jobs. 

North Carolina is booming for a reason. Milder winters, beach and mountains. Tons of jobs in all fields. 

I think everyone goes to Southington here, which is a lot of mud. Or there's Wellsville, but there's been a lot of problems down there. I've only rode some of the single track around NEO on the DRZ400 that I had. There are some trails in Wayne National Forest, but I don't think Jeeps are allowed. I miss the Gulches down in SC.

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

generally speaking the rocks out east are covered in mud.  very different wheeling.

Is it a year round thing? I experienced that a bit up in Washington. Still fun but not as much.

7 hours ago, keeponjeepinon said:

I think everyone goes to Southington here, which is a lot of mud. Or there's Wellsville, but there's been a lot of problems down there. I've only rode some of the single track around NEO on the DRZ400 that I had. There are some trails in Wayne National Forest, but I don't think Jeeps are allowed. I miss the Gulches down in SC.

Thanks, I looked at Southington. Looks like a lot of mud with a little rock.

I think I need to give NM a good hard look.

The houses are just so nice in Ohio. Also everyone I fought in Iraq with lives in the east so that would be nice.