AMC Jeep Cherokee Radio (model 8936000555)

I wondered that as well.  I can't seem to find the model number anywhere to determine what vehicle it came from.  And of course Ebay said it was for a 1984 Jeep Cherokee so that has to be correct, right?  (Sarcasm included)

Eric

That looks like the right mounting bracket the radio is sitting on, at least from what I can tell. The tabs on the bottom are all wrong for a Comanche though. Probably came in an Eagle or Renault but can be made to work.

@Minuit  Any wiring help would be most appreciated.  The mounting bracket was used in the aftermarket radio that was in the Cherokee when I bought it.  The bracket seems a little too wide for the radio plus I don't see anywhere on the side of the radio to attach the bracket to.  

10 hours ago, schmier1 said:

@Minuit  Any wiring help would be most appreciated.  The mounting bracket was used in the aftermarket radio that was in the Cherokee when I bought it.  The bracket seems a little too wide for the radio plus I don't see anywhere on the side of the radio to attach the bracket to.  

Then it's probably a later model bracket not intended for that radio. Either that, or the very early radios used something other than the typical removable brackets.

Typical AMC wiring colors:

Grey - power antenna, 12V when radio is on

Purple w/stripe - IGN switched

Black - Ground

Orange w/stripe - Panel lamps, 12v with dimmer

Pink - Battery, your radio may not have this

Blue - Display dimmer toggle, your radio may not have this

Green/stripe - LR+

Green - LF+

White/stripe - RR+

White - RF+

Black - Left -, shared between front and rear