89’ Pioneer MJ Barn Find

So new PSP and lines it was along with a new PSP pulley as the old one was cracked lol. I also got a chance to add a new tool to the shop since I didn’t own a PSP pulley remover / installer. Let me tell you those 35 year old PS Lines were a B to remove. The new return line wasn’t exactly the shape it needed to be but will definitely work fine. 

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5610.jpeg

IMG_5611.jpeg

IMG_5612.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5633.jpeg

IMG_5634.jpeg

IMG_5635.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that I have the front end disassembled why not pull the T Case and replace the output seal for the trans…. What’s one more thing at this point 😂 not shown is a custom 3D printed tool to seat the seal 2mm deep into the bore and keep it even. I’ve had a hell of a time with these seals. They never want to stay in place. 

IMG_5572.jpeg

Now with all this it was time for reassembly. I did the work over the course of a week. It rained a few days and I had to wait for the pump to show up. After all this I did a full coolant flush, new fan switch in the radiator, updated the alternator power wires, changed the oil and redid the orings in the filter housing. Hopefully I’m done wrenching for a bit and I can get back to enjoying her!

IMG_5634.jpeg

IMG_5635.jpeg

IMG_5573.jpeg

IMG_5574.jpeg

IMG_5585.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

Well the saga didn’t end there. While burping the system I had a coolant flush T crack so those got replaced too 😂. I’m close to having a new truck at the point 🤦‍♂️ 

IMG_5645.jpeg

On 3/3/2024 at 10:59 PM, Salvagedcircuit said:

Hahaha. We all end up with new trucks eventually :brows:

Nice work! My closed loop system seems to still be working, but I'm keeping a spare heater control valve in the passenger glove box for the inevitable kerflooey.

That’s my plan 😂 Brand New MJ 😊