Body and Paint Shop (Anywhere-ish)

Torq_Shep

I have PM'ed a few people about this but I wanted to open it up to a larger group. There is a chance that I may move in the near future and all work has stopped on my truck. Nothing is set in stone yet but I would be interested in getting a contact or two for a body shop in CO (preferably Denver area) that would be interested in taking my truck (with or without engine) and doing body and paint on it while I work on moving. If I left the engine in there I would want the engine pulled for paint work and would also be interested in having a simple health check (compression, bore inspection, etc) and re-seal done on the engine. Would probably go ahead and do timing chain and water pump as well. 

The truck is currently disassembled to basically just a roller. That would be the condition that I would drop it off in. I have Epoxy primer, sealer, Nason Base, and PPG clear. Body work is extensive as every panel seems to have dents in it (I have bought used doors, hood, cowl, and fenders in better shape than originals though. Little to no rust repair is needed (one spot in the floor that I have partially patched and will probably finish before I move it. Based on the paint I am using the body man probably knows the quality I am looking for being a B+ driver condition, better than Maaco but not a show truck. 

If the pieces fall into place I would need to drop it off, have it worked on, and depending on how long the work took and what my timeline is for moving possibly have it stored on a lot for a 1-2 months. I wouldn't want to even start the work until I have more concrete timelines for things but I figure I should at least collect some data. 

Body guy I used to know feel off the face of the earth. I'm in the process of fixing my daily after getting swiped by a semi but I'm having to do it all myself. 

Could look into these guys. 

https://www.carsrememberwhen.com/

They offer full on restos and only work on classics. Imagine they aren't cheap though.

Lot's of other shops for paint and body tend to hang out in Englewood. 

• Torq_Shep changed the title to Body and Paint Shop in CO or North Texas

My brothers vehicle had hail damage, he lives in the Denver area. We looked for someone willing to fix the damage and shops were backed up at least six months to a year. We couldn't find anybody that wanted to do  bodywork if it wasn't insurance work. I ended up getting lucky and found a donor vehicle that was the same color and swapping the damaged parts over .

good luck with your search as it will probably be a hole in the wall type of shop if you find one . I don't know how Dallas is , but that may be your best bet 

• Torq_Shep changed the title to Body and Paint Shop (Anywhere-ish)