reproduction XJ/MJ warning light panel

I started this topic on the Facebook Comanche page and saw some interest there. After 30 years these start to delaminate and "look like crap." So I reached out to AzzysDesignWorks. They are able to reproduce these, so posting here to put out a feeler for interest and will forward a link to this thread to to Bryan at Azzysdesignworks so he can see our feedback. Attached is my original part, and the other 2 are images Bryan sent me. 

Anyone else interested? 

Resized_20200927_144829.jpeg

AZZY.jpg

Azzy2.jpg

Yikes, Its been a while since I logged in here :D

We have the ability (as you can see above) to make these, and had thought about doing them with our normal kits for a while, but the XJ market is a weird one in regards to what one can charge for some products.  With interest in the 88-96 kits dropping over time, we havent pursued it further. 

But, if I have enough people lined up, we could do them. I'll work out some pricing soon. Bear with me, I'm running kindof slow with getting the team up to speed and an injury that I am trying to get taken care of. 

In the meantime, to keep any out there that look good from breaking down, go out into your garage, find a bottle of armor all, and chuck it in the trash. :L:  don't clean the inside of your vehicle with solutions containing silicone, ammonia, or alcohol, all of those can attack rubber, vinyl and plastic. 

Here in the shop we use 3 cleaners on plastic parts. Dawn dish soap, Novus plastic cleaner, and, pledge furniture wax. If there is anything tough that those won't touch, low VOC mineral spirits has not shown to degrade any of our materials in testing and use either. But I  bet it would take color out of some older sunbleached materials.  

I like the idea here. I recently added a compressor and am installing lockers. It would be really neat to have the labels be custom. But I know how much extra effort it takes to make a one-off piece. If your interested in making them and could do a custom layout I’d be game for one. 

Thats one of the problems we have right now, I'm trying to sort out how we can charge properly for custom work for the older xjs. Our standard gauge kits for the old gauges (non-backlit) start at 25. Most of our price is dependent on the processes involved, so the back lit stuff (which takes multiple files, edits, and print rips per piece) is easier to charge our custom rate, which starts at 75. 

Also, we are still moving into our new location, and my other design staff is not full time yet. So I'm turning all custom work down, because we can't devote the time to it. 

We would just making the normal light locations for these, and some or them to match our other kits (like "Engine Sad" for the no step on snek kits). For now.  

13 minutes ago, Muncher said:

these would be cool. I didn't even know it said the windshield washer thing. mine must be broke because my fluid is empty or the whole system is broke lol 

Our MJs never got the option. You have to figure out the wiring between the sensor plug and cluster plug to get it to work and it might be more work than it is worth. Still would be nice to actually have. I plan to tackle that one day. 

HOs got it as plug n play. I just remembered that. 

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Our MJs never got the option. You have to figure out the wiring between the sensor plug and cluster plug to get it to work and it might be more work than it is worth. Still would be nice to actually have. I plan to tackle that one day. 

HOs got it as plug n play. I just remembered that. 

ohhhh ok. that makes sense 

On 3/28/2021 at 12:08 AM, jeff351 said:

@Azzy are you on one of the Cherokee forums also? To help meet your production quota maybe post this topic there and see what responses are?

Probably am, but its hard to keep up with 30 forums, Facebook, email, and everything else for the shop. Plus, most forums want $$$$ from companies thinking we are all Poison Spyder or something, so I stopped actively posting and involving myself with them.