Front Engine Stabilizer 1986 Comanche 2.5L

Hi All

OK getting ready to start the 86 Comanche Long Bed Restoration and was dong my parts pick list and so far i have figured out all the parts with the help of the Parts Manual and Complete Service Manuals. That is except for what appears to be an engine “Damper Shock”.  It looks to be factor or at least a well designed and manufacture part so any help would be appreciated if you all have ever seen one of these and might have a clue what shock it uses. I looked the thing over and there are no markings on it at all.

Thanks Mark

image.png.7b9c2bcc4214c71121a041c83fd5fff1.png

It’s indeed a factory part and no longer available either. On the body of the shock should be an AMC part number that starts with “89” on it. Aside from that, the engine doesn’t need it but I wouldn’t delete it either. Some have said to look for engine shocks that would be around the same length and if you can find, the same fitment. But otherwise even if it is worn out, it’ll still do it’s job. The engine only get violent when it starts to stumble and stall. 

I may still have my old one down in the shed.  If you want, I can take a look for it this weekend.....that will give me the excuse I need to do some spring cleaning in there.  It's become a "catch all" over the last couple months and I need to clean and organize it a bit.  If I still have it, you can have it for shipping costs.:beerchug:

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Short beds don’t cut it out here. You should see the Ford and GM trucks modified to haul other peoples scrap junk they come and collect. 

I'm guessing those are some fine units! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:42 AM, 89 MJ said:

Is it just me, or do most of the MJs in AZ seem to be LWBs?

Yes a lot of Long Beds Out Here, City of Phoenix bought a lot back in the Late 80’s for the water department plus the Local Dealer here seemed to order only the long beds and most were 2 Wheel Drive with No Air.  

19 minutes ago, MOS86MJLB said:

Yes a lot of Long Beds Out Here, City of Phoenix bought a lot back in the Late 80’s for the water department plus the Local Dealer here seemed to order only the long beds and most were 2 Wheel Drive with No Air.  

Really? This I didn’t know. Wonder where they all went.