Prizes for future MJOTM

I know the mjotm section doesn’t seem to get much love. Has anyone tried to reach out to a vendor and see if they may be interested and sponsoring an mjotm or maybe mjoty prize? That would probably generate some interest and make for a neat perk. Nothing extravagant but just a little prize might be neat. I wouldn’t mind throwing in some switch trim covers maybe once or twice a year to the winner. Just a thought 

I think this is a great idea, it would give people more of an incentive to "apply" for MJOTM. Are you thinking that each month would get a prize or would a group of people go through the MJOTM threads every couple of months and pick out a winner from those? Also, are you talking about CC vendors or are you thinking that we should reach out to other vendors too? (Azzy's design, maybe get a coupon for Rusty's off road, etc), or a combination of both? Like I said, I love this idea, just trying to wrap my head around it a little bit more.

26 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

it seems like it would need to be something small and meaningful though

Agreed, it doesn't need to be something huge like a bumper or lift springs (although those would be very cool), but something along the lines of a shirt, a magnet, X% off of a purchase coupon, etc.

love the enthusiasm :L:   but MJotM is low key for a reason.  no contests, no competition, no money involved.  the mods pick the recipients and it's near-as-makes-no-difference random.  if any gift is to be given out, it would have to be a CC related item, like the coozies.  nothing from a vendor (who would arguably be getting "advertising" out of it).  I'm not dealing with those sorts of headaches. 

if anything, you guys should probably start a thread asking what CC merch should exist. :D has to be cheap.  I'm not losing a ton of cash on it like the hats.  once something exists, than the MJotM could get a care package of sorts. 

17 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if anything, you guys should probably start a thread asking what CC merch should exist. :D has to be cheap.  I'm not losing a ton of cash on it like the hats.  once something exists, than the MJotM could get a care package of sorts. 

I know nothing about merch. That said, what is defined as "cheap" when it comes to merch?

that depends.  most personalized things have minimum orders of 100-300 bucks.  while you would get a large number of items, I can't afford to throw that at a thing that maybe 20 people want.  I'd never recoup my money. 

@Pete M, so would you be averse to the idea of a special discount or coupon from like quadratec or dirt bound off-road etc?  Some cc merch would be neat. I’m thinking just a regular monthly mjotm going forward. Basically a virtual car show. If mjotm is not a good platform how about mjoty? It’s just a thought. Something that wouldn’t cost the club anything nor promote any particular vendor would be nice. Even so, I believe some of our vendors give us discounts for being members. DBO comes to mind as does Hells Creek but I might be wrong

for what it's worth, they get posted at the facebook CC page too. :D 

if they get a coupon, they might feel uncomfortable because they don't want the thing but feel compelled to get it anyways.   a stock truck doesn't have any need for 10 percent off an winch bumper.  :dunno: 

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

for what it's worth, they get posted at the facebook CC page too. :D 

if they get a coupon, they might feel uncomfortable because they don't want the thing but feel compelled to get it anyways.   a stock truck doesn't have any need for 10 percent off an winch bumper.  :dunno: 

It would be neat to have a virtual comanche car show. Maybe someday it can be arranged in person

we had the largest club showing last time at the last all breeds Jeep show in PA.  :D 

comancheclub.com is currently a forum and only a forum.  but it's a website so in theory it could have more to it.  I have 0 skills and 0 money when it comes to that though.

I say and have been planning a mj of the year out of the my of the month picks for that year, that a trophy , being made up (stanley cup style), to be awarded to present Canidete at our CC pow wow club event. winner will get cc gear, a personal trophy for that year made by a member of the club, and a free dinner and gas gift card. 

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

we had the largest club showing last time at the last all breeds Jeep show in PA.  :D 

comancheclub.com is currently a forum and only a forum.  but it's a website so in theory it could have more to it.  I have 0 skills and 0 money when it comes to that though.

lets do a you tube channel and we will drive our MJs all over the country meeting members and passing out our own version of comanche coin. :brows: and meeting and showing off the MJs of the USA. :shhh: what you think? 

9 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

lets do a you tube channel and we will drive our MJs all over the country meeting members and passing out our own version of comanche coin. 

Or Pete could create a channel and we could put tech tips, MJ wheeling adventures, PowWows, etc on there. 

10 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

It would be neat to have a virtual comanche car show. Maybe someday it can be arranged in person

Check out the WI-MN-IA members post I made in the Great Lakes section. :peep:

I get the feeling that may be a little to far for you to go though. :roflmao: