(Manual) Pedal Assembly Question - Broken Weld

The clutch on my 88 broke last week while driving; thankfully I was near a neighborhood entrance and coasted in.  I theorized causes for why the pedal was going to the floor, but once home and with a flashlight I could see a broken weld.  The clutch arm swings freely.  My question is, am I able to remove the clutch/brake pedal arms and connecting rod, or do I need to remove the entire assembly?  I have been searching this site and pics online the past week prior to posting this, so apologies in advance if I've overlooked an answer.  I snagged a pic from eBay that I can attach, but I want to try and edit the pic to circle the weld break and section I am refering to for removal.  I have some potential welder(s) that could maybe repair, so that I don't have to replace the whole assembly.  Would re-welding be ill-advised or a good solution?  Sorry I don't post on here much, my other (hobbie) is a love of senior dogs but with age comes medical issues that keep me busy.  Edit: red is where weld break is, blue is the section I'm asking if I can remove (the horizontal rod so that I can just pull the pedals out vs unbolting the whole assembly for removal).

s-l1600_1.jpg

Edited by 86Redline
adding pic

It looks like you could potentially pull that axle bolt out but is there enough clearance to pull it out completely on the left side?

Would it be possible to weld it without taking the assembly out at all or is it too tight?

You’ll have to remove both the brake pedal and the clutch pedal while leaving the bracket in place. There is enough room to slide the bolt out. There are a couple plastic bushing on each pedal you’ll need to reuse. I had the same issue occur on a previous Jeep. 

1 hour ago, agamble said:

There are a couple plastic bushing on each pedal you’ll need to reuse. I had the same issue occur on a previous Jeep. 

Are those bushings no longer available? From my experience,  by this age on our trucks, they are usually shot.

2 hours ago, BeatCJ said:

Are those bushings no longer available? From my experience,  by this age on our trucks, they are usually shot.

I haven’t come across any new ones available for purchase. Could always check junkyards to have a few spares. 

So this was a learning experience for me and I truly appreciate the responses.  I was able to remove the bolt and was also able to remove just the clutch pedal.  I did initially unplug a wiring harness to the brake pedal thinking it was going to drop too but it didn't.  So after bolt removal which by the way is a PIA due to tight location and uncomfortabe angle at which I had to position my body.... I removed the pin and released the clutch cylinder rod from the adjoining arm and wiggled the clutch pedal free.  There is an inner cylinder that contained two white bushings, and on the cylinder rod > arm connetion there is a third white bushing and white washer.  I wasn't sure if the original weld was factory or some previous band-aid repair, learned it was factory.  It only ran halfway around.  The welder ran a bead all the way around and also did the other side as a precation.  We agreed to leave the brake pedal alone, if it's not broke...  I took pics of his weld to post here, hoping this update and pics helps someone else down the road.  I failed to take pics of the additional pieces that were involved, sorry.  Also, this welder can do rust care/repair so meeting him was a win/future win for me!  Thanks again guys!

0112011309.jpg

Thanks PeteM, JMO and Tex06.  Tex06, yeah... sites like this have been a blessing in my 20+yrs of driving and trying to resolve my own issues, sometimes to save money and sometimes because being female I would get the "she doesn't know what she's talking about" tone from local shops.  I always try to search for a related post before starting my own.  And it's always a bonus when the OP posts a follow and resolution so I try do the same.  Thanks again, you guys are kind and very supportive, much appreciated always!