H4 harness and led lights

do you run around with just running lights on? some say they are "city lights", i hooked power to them but didnt find them noticeable with reg lights on so figured no sense in hooking them up. :dunno: the jk ones have different colors to be changed via a app on girls phone. i instead hooked these up to a toggle switch so she can turn them on at anytime.  

20201219_154616.jpg

On 12/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, Muncher said:

Just got a h4 harness and and some new lights. They have running lights in them though. Anyone have any idea how id wire those to work?

20201225_105412.jpg

Snapchat-1936948352.jpg

Could you post what the light housings themselves have for wiring on the back?  You'll likely just need to tap into your marker/running/turn signal light wiring and run your own wires to these lights to power the running lights.

That harnesses you show in the picture will plug right into your existing wiring and you'll have to ground the two black wires to the chassis somewhere.  This will only run the headlights and brights though.

1 hour ago, Dzimm said:

Could you post what the light housings themselves have for wiring on the back?  You'll likely just need to tap into your marker/running/turn signal light wiring and run your own wires to these lights to power the running lights.

That harnesses you show in the picture will plug right into your existing wiring and you'll have to ground the two black wires to the chassis somewhere.  This will only run the headlights and brights though.

Yep I figured that out. I got it installed today. I still have to plug in my turns and day lights still. But one issue is I don't have low beams do I just need to replace my switch in the cab?

14 minutes ago, Muncher said:

Yep I figured that out. I got it installed today. I still have to plug in my turns and day lights still. But one issue is I don't have low beams do I just need to replace my switch in the cab?

If your original headlight low beams work then no don't replace the switch.  Are those LED?  If so they won't work in the polarity is reveresed.

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

does your hibeams lever push the rod and does that rod then push on the actual hibeams switch further down the column above your feet?  it's common for them to move and need realignment.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I thought it was mostly wire thay controls the switch?

X2 on “what button”. 
As wired from the factory, the high and low beams get the same power supplied by the switch. Splitting between the two is done at the “dimmer” (high/low beam) switch, in the column as others have said. If the high beams work and the low beams don’t, I’d start by checking if you’ve got power coming out of the dimmer switch, then further diagnosing the low beam circuit.

In the case of the marker and turn signal lights, the easiest thing to do would be adding them into the respective circuits, which will be easiest to pick up at the marker lamp under the headlight.

If you want the marking lights to function like daytime running lights, then I’d grab a switched 12V from somewhere and run them off that so they’re on whenever the key is on. If you want to get fancy you could even put a relay in that shuts them off when the headlights come on.

Remember that the LEDs aren’t necessarily going to point in the exact direction the sealed beams did, so be sure to aim them after they’re installed.