Hooptie Truck (89 Eliminator)

• 2 months later...

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but my truck is finally back in action once again. Drove it from the shop to work. Half of my gauges work and it’s loud as hell with it’s missing exhaust, but boy I’m happy to have it back. Swinging by the muffler shop later this afternoon. 👏🏻🙌🏻

09C409A7-608F-412C-A0C6-923AB6FAECA7.jpeg

ignore my wipers lol

Short vid of me driving the manche because it’s been so long. Highs here are in the sixties this week so it was nice to go windows down. 

Went ahead and got a new exhaust and tailpipe as planned. The PO had a muffler and some flex pipe on it 🤦🏻‍♀️ Muffler was actually pretty new so just reused it. 

DFD6AB76-F151-411F-8164-B92DC49625E2.jpeg.3f13c72b1db9b3e3bd214d36ea67c892.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Okay it’s been a while since I’ve shared anything on here. My xj has developed a leak, I’ve been in the middle of a job promotion at work, and life itself has been crazy so truck work has been moving at a snail’s pace. 

long but uneventful update. 

so the truck got new fuel injectors. 
I've also been trying to make sense of the engine bay wiring and cleaning it up. 
Had a nice guy from Kansas (don’t know if he’s on here) deliver me an entire gray interior with b pillar lights and speaker brackets on his way down thru Oklahoma. 
This past week I got a replacement fender for the driver’s side so that will be going on here shortly. 
I’m also finally going to ditch these crusty Eliminator wheels because I’m getting new tires. I have a set of xj icons that I’m going to run for a while. 

All that said, this little truck has been super helpful. I took several back and forth trips with it when I was moving from my apartment into my house hauling some furniture pieces. For now I drive it around town and down backroads. My neighbor up the street has even offered to buy it if I get tired of it lol. 

Most of my photos are on my old phone which is unfortunately no longer with us 😆

91B29F8E-27E6-4173-A454-F7BE4CAF61B0.jpeg

ECBDF918-7E0A-4CDB-8C7F-B611F49524BE.jpeg

52A6242A-819E-4CEE-84C6-F4D137759F99.jpeg