1JTMR63S9HT069253

kaidenlem

body: jh61

build date: 12-3-86

*X8 Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats -Y1 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE ADA Light Group
ADB Protection Group ADL Skid Plate Group AGI DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
AHL Heavy Duty Insulation Group APA Monotone Paint AWE  
AWH Power Equipment Group BCQ 750 Amp Maintenance Free Battery CAC Low Back Bucket Seats
CGW   CKA Carpets - Floor and Cargo Area CUF Full Length Floor Console
DGQ 4-Spd Automatic  DMR 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio ERB 4.0L I6 MPI Engine
GAC Tinted Glass Windows GFD Rear Sliding Window GPB  
HAA Air Conditioning HCC Do Not Use - See HCA JAY DO NOT USE - See JP, KA classes
JFH Tachometer JGB Digital Clock JHA Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JJA Cigar Lighter LBB Courtesy Lamps LDA Underhood Lamp
LMA Halogen Headlamps LNJ Front Fog Lamps LPE Cargo Lamp
MBJ Black  Front Bumper MCA Rear Body Color Applique MCB  
MDA Front License Plate Bracket MWB Sport Bar NAA Federal Emissions
NHB Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler NHM Speed Control NMB Standard Duty Engine Cooling
PXB   QXB   RAF AM/FM Cassette Radio
SBA Power Steering SCG Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel SUA Tilt Steering Column
TBB Full Size Spare Tire TBL Inside Mounted Spare Tire WJD 15X7.0 Styled Steel Wheels
XEA Tow Hooks XJH Lock Fuel Cap w/o Discriminator 3LX DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

9 hours ago, kaidenlem said:

Too bad none of the original parts are left besides the 4.0, transmission, transfer case, and axles.  There is absolutely no interior whatsoever and no dash

that just means the possibilities are endless. :D 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

higher than a Laredo?

According to the body code chart, yes. I need to find a Laredo and see if it bears the H portion of the code. But I could’ve swore the Chief was advertised as the higher trim and then Chrysler knocked the chief out from being an option and Laredo became the highest. 

17 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Chiefs are the highest trim you could get between 87-89 or 90? They are by far not common to stumble upon.

11 hours ago, Pete M said:

higher than a Laredo?

I had always thought that the Pioneer was the highest edition you could get...:dunno:

I do know that the early 2000's Jeeps used Laredo as the lowest trim package

18 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Pioneer was an interesting one. You could get a pioneer with everything or nothing. Which makes sense because it would make you a pioneer in customizing your Jeep the way you want it. Laredo is being low is new to me so I have nothing in that. 

Interesting.  I have an 87 LWD Pioneer with a mix of different options.  The Laredo is the lowest trim package offered in the WJ Grand Cherokee is what I was referring to.  Dig your nickname by the way :L:

Yeah I have an 88 Pioneer that was pretty base aside from having a stereo system and power steering. So it could be had either way. I know the later Jeeps like the WJ have the Laredo as a lower package because theres the Overland trim that was the highest in its time and a few others for it. 

Thank ya!

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Yeah I have an 88 Pioneer that was pretty base aside from having a stereo system and power steering. So it could be had either way. I know the later Jeeps like the WJ have the Laredo as a lower package because theres the Overland trim that was the highest in its time and a few others for it. 

Thank ya!

Gotcha, mine is fairly loaded down.  I've got the 04 WJ Special Edition with all options, but it is still regarded as the Laredo.  Either way, thanks for mentioning the Chief is fairly rare.  Gave me a reason to keep her out of the scrap yard, she's not in decent shape anymore which sucks.  She's been both picked over and neglected.  Got my Eagle in November of 2018.  Anyways, I'll include some pictures after this post.

12 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Pioneer was middle of the road.  :L: 

Good to know :L: I like both my 87's regardless of model, I can brag about them being the last few Jeep pickups made by AMC.

5 minutes ago, kaidenlem said:

Gotcha, mine is fairly loaded down.  I've got the 04 WJ Special Edition with all options, but it is still regarded as the Laredo.  Either way, thanks for mentioning the Chief is fairly rare.  Gave me a reason to keep her out of the scrap yard, she's not in decent shape anymore which sucks.  She's been both picked over and neglected.  Got my Eagle in November of 2018.

Nice! Hmm, I don't know much about the later years and their trim levels. Wish I did know more as they still could have the 4.0L. Yeah Chiefs do not pop up much and if it can be saved, it should. And congrats! I earned mine back in February 2013. I feel old thinking about that....so many things have changed since then. 

7 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Nice! Hmm, I don't know much about the later years and their trim levels. Wish I did know more as they still could have the 4.0L. Yeah Chiefs do not pop up much and if it can be saved, it should. And congrats! I earned mine back in February 2016. I feel old thinking about that....so many things have changed since then. 

It's not save-able as a daily, but I'm going to get it to run and drive as best as possible.  It still has the entire 4x4 drivetrain and I plan to make it a rusty show pony, or even just to run into town for something.  I only paid 120 bucks for it, with clean title in hand.  I agree, many things have changed just since 2018.  Glad I got mine when I did.

Sounds like a good plan! 

I tried to edit my post before you could quote me but I hit 6 instead of 3. It was 2013 when I earned it. Alot still changed! Lol. I also got all my palms when I could before aging out. Tried to get the cooking MB before it became eagle required again too.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Sounds like a good plan! 

I tried to edit my post before you could quote me but I hit 6 instead of 3. It was 2013 when I earned it. Alot still changed! Lol. I also got all my palms when I could before aging out. Tried to get the cooking MB before it became eagle required again too.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I only got 2 palms.  just ran out of time.  :dunno: 

My plan was after I got my Eagle I was going to focus more time on the Order of the Arrow, but life got busy and thoughts about doing so changed.  I do wish I would've gotten some palms, but making Eagle was my main goal.  Congrats to you and Pete both on working even harder to earn some palms. :applause: