Minimum size MJ

What would be the minimum metal you need to rebuild an MJ using XJ parts? my plan is to strip the MJ to its bare minimum, leave only the MJ specific parts, excluding the obvios bed and tailgate, from the doors forward the cab + the X frame are unique right? doors, fenders, hood exchange with the XJ

Not sure what specifically your asking form but even the control arm brackets are different on an MJ. The “bolt on” parts are the hood, fenders, doors etc. A lot of interior pieces are different. Kick panels, center console insert, floor bracing, interior trim etc. Lots of differences but practically anything can be fabbed and modified to fit

I'm going to remove all the interior, swap a 97+ dash, bucket seats...

the idea is to strip the truck entirely, i assume i will end up with a doorless cab attached to a X frame. this way it will uncover any rust or hidden damage, and give clear access, right now on the list is to fix or replace the passenger side rail, it was damaged in an accident and not fully fixed by the PO, also there is rust  on the floors that needs patching, the driver side hinge is loose

all this while i take the engine apart for rebuild, it s been running weird lately and i suspect a broken spring

• Pete M changed the title to Minimum size MJ
7 minutes ago, omega_rugal said:

no, nothing between the steering box and the fram rail, how is supposed to look like?

You can google "XJ Steering Box Spacer" and see a bunch of different options along with pictures of stock spacers.

I'm running this one on my XJ and will put one in my project MJ when it's time:  https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/XJSTSPC.html