The be all end all radiator

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

There is a MOPAR Extreme Duty radiator for the XJ. It is made for ME export. I have run the Evans coolant. The temps will be higher. Evans told me that more heat is being removed.

Even the Mopar Middle East radiator was only a 2 core 1.5” thick (2x3/4” cores). The Novak is 3” core with no tranny cooler provision. I’m just not sure you could get the condenser in place. Interesting info on the Evans. So basically if you runs Evans coolant you need more radiator capacity it sounds like. 

On 10/2/2020 at 11:03 PM, ghetdjc320 said:

Even the Mopar Middle East radiator was only a 2 core 1.5” thick (2x3/4” cores). The Novak is 3” core with no tranny cooler provision. I’m just not sure you could get the condenser in place. Interesting info on the Evans. So basically if you runs Evans coolant you need more radiator capacity it sounds like. 

Not to my knowledge. The coolant just transfers the heat better. In my application, a '75 Bricklin, I noticed temps went up when going over 55 mph. Yes, back in them days. Then went down after 1/2 hour at 55 mph. I use ZO-5 coolant in my XJs. Supposedly you can mix it at 75% for extreme heat. I have not tired it. I run about 208 F and might peak to 215 F.  I'm in the Mid West so not an extreme environment. 

4 minutes ago, Chargum85 said:

I'm running a Mishimoto all aluminum radiator.  It's massive.  Can't see anything doing better than that.

A thread I was involved in, the guy was in AZ. I remember he had one of the early Mishimoto's. It reduced his temps a lot. I asked what his previous rad was. It was a HD MOPAR. 

5 hours ago, Chargum85 said:

I'm running a Mishimoto all aluminum radiator.  It's massive.  Can't see anything doing better than that.

I would like to hear more about this radiator.