Crossover Steering Conversion

I have been looking at the crossover steering conversions on the internet and was wondering if anybody was familiar with them. I need to upgrade my front steering b/c my current components are shot. Please post any helpful comments.

that's a great kit considering it's bolt on... and would probly do the trick for ya

if you feel like drilling/reaming the knuckles and pitman arm the JCR setup is a little beefier just cause it uses larger chevy 1-ton TRE's

course then you have to get a reamer or pay someone to ream it. so its more $$

what do yall think about the kit from rugged ridge. Its a bolt on kit and its a little bit more in my price range. You see I'm having to move in to my own house in a weeks and i only make about 250 a week. So I'm looking for the cheepest but still good thing out there. What do yall think?[/url]

i have the rugged ridge on my truck, as for how well it works... i don't know, i havent really driven it after i put it on. as for ease of putting it on... well me and my brother in law did it, and it looks right. :roll: .

i have to get some time to get it down to fix the ebrake and have it aligned before i can take it driving at all.

hope you got at lease a little help from this post. you can check my build thread for some pics.

if you're lookin that cheap, go for stock ZJ steering at a JY or someone who's got it. its a bit beefier than XJ/MJ steering is and won't cost an arm and a leg.

Hey oizarod115 When you put the 97 block and head in your manche did everything bolt right up to the renix fi? I wanted to put a HO block and head in mine whenever i get an ax15

have the rugged ridge on my truck

Did the rugged ridge kit come with all of the parts needed to install it?

Does it seem to be pretty heavy duty?

it did have everything it needed, just no stearing stabalizer. there are some pics at the end of this page they are not the best but its something.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=30

it does seam like a nice kit, pretty beefy.

If you encounter crappy customer service... Go elsewhere.

It's the only way it ever gets any better.

That's the hope at least. I stopped by a gas station yesterday and went in only to find a "restrooms are for employees only" sign. I actually stood patiently in the line at the counter just so I could say that I'm not buying $50 in diesel from them simply because they won't let my use the bathroom (not that the kid behind the counter cared in the least).

(It's besides the point that I wasn't there to buy any fuel) :D

if you're lookin that cheap, go for stock ZJ steering at a JY or someone who's got it. its a bit beefier than XJ/MJ steering is and won't cost an arm and a leg.

Hey oizarod115 When you put the 97 block and head in your manche did everything bolt right up to the renix fi? I wanted to put a HO block and head in mine whenever i get an ax15

yeah with some minor things like temp sensor (for the gauge) and stuff liek that, its the same motor though,

honestly i wouldn't do it unless your motor needs a rebuild anyways. basically the same stuff, maybe liek 10 hp

what was the cost for this upgrade it looks very eazy to do :brows: and better that stock also what was the pn for the one you have ordered. thanks jamminz.gif

the rugged ridge kit is something close to $250 from quadratec. But i got mine brand new from an ebay store for $150 plus $17 shipping. So its not that expensive.

I hate bad customer service also but you see i am broke i turn 18 next week and my dad said i have to move out so i might end up having to park my truck for several months as it is b/c jeeps are very high maintaince. And when i only make about $250 a week right now its kinda hard to buy all the best stuff or to buy stuff at all for that matter.

yeah with some minor things like temp sensor (for the gauge) and stuff liek that, its the same motor though,

honestly i wouldn't do it unless your motor needs a rebuild anyways. basically the same stuff, maybe liek 10 hp

I don't plan on doing it right away. But my motor has had a very very rough 250000 miles on it. And i figure whenever the motor or ba10 goes out I'm going to look for a donor vehicle with a H.O. and an ax-15 and just switch out for the better.

I don't plan on doing it right away. But my motor has had a very very rough 250000 miles on it. And i figure whenever the motor or ba10 goes out I'm going to look for a donor vehicle with a H.O. and an ax-15 and just switch out for the better.

with that in mind yeah, it'll all swap over, i still have the renix manifolds and all the sensors