i need help with decisions

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get the rough country lift. the motion off road has the EXACT same coils.

The motion offroad kit is based off of the rock krawler front lift. And rock krawler lift use rough country coils.

If you bought the motion off road one youll simply be wasting your money.

Uhm ok... :roll:

First off, we do NOT use Rough Country coils. The RK coils and the RC coils are NOT the same. The spring rates are about 100lbs different, I'm sure you already knew this...

Also, at 6.5" of lift and using short arms your just asking for issues. We use longarms, not short arms.

Also the RC kit does NOT come with new brake lines, or bumpstops. It also uses a cheap tracbar that uses the stock mounting bracket. What does RC do to address the steering at that height? A drop pitman arm.... ok if you say so. Ours includes a totaly new steering setup.

Remember you get what you pay for. For the added cost of our kit, you get 1) Longarms, 2) 1-Ton Crossover steering, 3) Bumpstops AND new brakelines, 4) A heavy duty tracbar w/bracket. And whoever said "it's $1800", the actual price is $1650.

We do not include shocks in the kit for the simple fact that their are WAY to many options for shocks on the market and it's hard to make everyone happy. So we left them out and will let the customer either a) get their own, or B) let us order what they want for them.

Don't bash something just to get a sale. At 6.5" you need to address several other issues when it comes to a good setup for suspension. Unfortantly the RC kit does not address many of the needed issues at that height, and you'll end up replacing parts or adding parts to it eventually anyways.

On that note, if anyone has any questions about our kit please feel free to PM, email, or call us. We're happy to help and give SOLID advice when needed.

First off, we do NOT use Rough Country coils. The RK coils and the RC coils are NOT the same. The spring rates are about 100lbs different, I'm sure you already knew this...

Also, at 6.5" of lift and using short arms your just asking for issues. We use longarms, not short arms.

Also the RC kit does NOT come with new brake lines, or bumpstops. It also uses a cheap tracbar that uses the stock mounting bracket. What does RC do to address the steering at that height? A drop pitman arm.... ok if you say so. Ours includes a totaly new steering setup.

Remember you get what you pay for. For the added cost of our kit, you get 1) Longarms, 2) 1-Ton Crossover steering, 3) Bumpstops AND new brakelines, 4) A heavy duty tracbar w/bracket. And whoever said "it's $1800", the actual price is $1650.

We do not include shocks in the kit for the simple fact that their are WAY to many options for shocks on the market and it's hard to make everyone happy. So we left them out and will let the customer either a) get their own, or B) let us order what they want for them.

Don't bash something just to get a sale. At 6.5" you need to address several other issues when it comes to a good setup for suspension. Unfortantly the RC kit does not address many of the needed issues at that height, and you'll end up replacing parts or adding parts to it eventually anyways.

On that note, if anyone has any questions about our kit please feel free to PM, email, or call us. We're happy to help and give SOLID advice when needed.

:agree:

Motion said it all. The longarm being the selling point on the whole kit cause it has been fitted to a MJ. I am sure if you talk to them they can recomend several diffrent shocks brands to fit that lift. Without knowing what they can order or what ones will fit perfectly it would prob be better and simpler just to get it all from them or Whoever you choose to go with. OH and that steering setup is a 200-300 upgrade from alot of places and it helps ALOT. NO experience with there kit but it LOOKS like a nice kit and not to bad of a price.

Cole

:agree:

Well according to everybody ive talked to at rough country. Rough country does to make Rock Krawler coils.

And a long arm kit does help alot but manche0230 same hed be wheeling mostly in mud and dirt and so he really doesnt need all the flex that comes along with a long arm kit. And like i said in my post if he desided he needed to upgrade he always could. I didnt tell him not to buy your kit i told him i would suggest buying the RC kit first. He could always upgrade later.

Also a drop pitman arm is fine to address the steering issues. You don't need a heavy duty steering to play in a little mud. And personal id rather have a track bar that bolts right up. It keeps things simple.

And for the matter of bashing stuff to get a sale i wasnt hardly doing anything like that. Infact i don't even sell truck parts. I'm a plumber i don't think that by telling dude that he should buy one kit over another hes going to come have me clean his toilet.

Unlike you I'm on he to learn and talk more about comanches not advertise my products and my buisness. I'm on here talking to people b/c i enjoy it. Not to make money. And the reason i gave him my number is b/c i get a discount at rough country and i could have got him that lift for about $850.

And If you think about it for a second i always brag about RC b/c i like there product. So by me saying that they have the same coils i think that would be a compliment to you.

I also didnt say anything bad about your product except for the fact that he can get something a little cheeper that will work just fine for him.

So instead of getting all grouchy about somebodies opinion howabout triing to tell the differences. And instead of just simply triing to sell your product why don't you try and help the people out. If dude is going to be playing manly in the mud and dirt than he doesnt really need long arms and you keep telling him he does. I know for a fact he doesnt.

And just for your sake i think your product is a really nice one infact if i wanted a long arm kit or a bolt on soa. Youd probably be the first person i talked to about getting my parts. You have a nice kit and I'm not saying that you don't I'm simply saying hes a beginner and doesnt need anything that extreme.

So sorry to affend everybody in here but i thought this forum was to give advice and help people out.

Motion said it all. The longarm being the selling point on the whole kit cause it has been fitted to a MJ. I am sure if you talk to them they can recomend several diffrent shocks brands to fit that lift. Without knowing what they can order or what ones will fit perfectly it would prob be better and simpler just to get it all from them or Whoever you choose to go with. OH and that steering setup is a 200-300 upgrade from alot of places and it helps ALOT. NO experience with there kit but it LOOKS like a nice kit and not to bad of a price.

Cole

And motion offroad 3 link rock krawler long arm kit that comes with there mj kit was designed for an xj look on the rock krawler web site. So its nothing specialy designed for an mj its just another long arm kit. Its a 3 link so maybe a little better but it wasnt designed specifically for a mj.

Well according to everybody ive talked to at rough country. Rough country does to make Rock Krawler coils.

And a long arm kit does help alot but manche0230 same hed be wheeling mostly in mud and dirt and so he really doesnt need all the flex that comes along with a long arm kit. And like i said in my post if he desided he needed to upgrade he always could. I didnt tell him not to buy your kit i told him i would suggest buying the RC kit first. He could always upgrade later.

Also a drop pitman arm is fine to address the steering issues. You don't need a heavy duty steering to play in a little mud. And personal id rather have a track bar that bolts right up. It keeps things simple.

And for the matter of bashing stuff to get a sale i wasnt hardly doing anything like that. Infact i don't even sell truck parts. I'm a plumber i don't think that by telling dude that he should buy one kit over another hes going to come have me clean his toilet.

Unlike you I'm on he to learn and talk more about comanches not advertise my products and my buisness. I'm on here talking to people b/c i enjoy it. Not to make money. And the reason i gave him my number is b/c i get a discount at rough country and i could have got him that lift for about $850.

And If you think about it for a second i always brag about RC b/c i like there product. So by me saying that they have the same coils i think that would be a compliment to you.

I also didnt say anything bad about your product except for the fact that he can get something a little cheeper that will work just fine for him.

So instead of getting all grouchy about somebodies opinion howabout triing to tell the differences. And instead of just simply triing to sell your product why don't you try and help the people out. If dude is going to be playing manly in the mud and dirt than he doesnt really need long arms and you keep telling him he does. I know for a fact he doesnt.

And just for your sake i think your product is a really nice one infact if i wanted a long arm kit or a bolt on soa. Youd probably be the first person i talked to about getting my parts. You have a nice kit and I'm not saying that you don't I'm simply saying hes a beginner and doesnt need anything that extreme.

So sorry to affend everybody in here but i thought this forum was to give advice and help people out.

Longarms have nothing to do with what type of wheeling you do. Better flex is just a by-product of having them. At that height (6.5") your control arm angle's are just way to steep and the ride will suffer greatly. Additionally if you ever try to go over anything, your jeep will be pushing itself over the axle, not pushing the axle forward with it. Having your control arms at that angle (short-arms) at that height your putting more abuse on your uni-body and just asking for trouble down the road.

You should never have to use a drop pitman arm. DPAs should ONLY be used if you're lowering the trackbar mount on the frame, or raising it on the axle, otherwise it will CAUSE bumpsteer. The whole belief that you need a drop pitman arm with a lift has been perpetuated from the days of leaf sprung vehicles without trackbars. On these vehicles you wanted to keep the angle of the draglink as flat as possible to minimize bumpsteer. On vehicles with a trackbar, you want to keep the draglink as parallel to the trackbar as possible to minimize bumpsteer. With a DPA, your making it worse. A dropped pitman arm will also increase the amount of torque/axial loading on the shaft your steering box experiences.

Once again, it's not the fact that the cross-over steering is heavy duty; it's the fact that the angles at 6.5" with the steering suck. Flex out your stock steering at that height and it's going to bind. You'll have several issues with the steering at that height if you keep it stock. We've addressed that with our kit (include a cross-over setup). Our steering setup is 100% bolt on and can be installed in less than 30 minutes.

We never said a word about our kit until it was brought up. Even than we kept quite until you made your post and said things like "If you bought the motion off road one you'll simply be wasting your money". I don't think we've done anything but give solid advice in this thread. It has nothing to do with us selling "a way to extream kit for a daily driver", it has everything with doing about giving advice and offering a quality kit on the market that addresses EVERYTHING needed with your lifting a MJ to the height of 6.5". The majority of suspension manufactures do not wheel MJ's themselves, nor do they offer a lot of MJ support. We've had the experience with them, we wheel them ourself, and we put together a kit that covers all the facets of what a quality lift kit should consist of at that height.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you about what is "wrong" or "right". I'm just simply offering advice to help save the guy money down the road and to avoid problems with going to that height. If he goes with our kit than so be it, if he doesn't than no harm done; we're not going to cry about it...

And motion offroad 3 link rock krawler long arm kit that comes with there mj kit was designed for an xj look on the rock krawler web site. So its nothing specialy designed for an mj its just another long arm kit. Its a 3 link so maybe a little better but it wasnt designed specifically for a mj.

The XJ and the MJ are 95% identical from the cab forward. What is designed for the XJ is designed for the MJ as long as it's the cab forward.

I just wanted to chime in to say that even though the owner may not ever do any "extreme" wheeling, 6.5 inches of lift should be considered an extreme lift. That's way more than the factory suspension design was ever supposed to handle.

Also, everyone keep in mind rule #1. :cheers:

in my opinon, if your running 33's, then lift it. and put on the 33's

I wouldn't worry about axle upgrades or gearing, I have seen plenty of people run 33's on 4.10 gearing and they did rather well. granted a little underpowered, but they still did well.

I didn't say designed i said FIT to an MJ. Rustys kit for example says it will fit but once you go to put it on you have a lot of issues with it installing. Not trying to get in an argument, but if i had the RC lift and the motion lift kits to choose from, I would go with motion. Now with that said, there are other kits out there for him to choose from. The pitman arm comment comes from the fact that installing a drop pitman arm without changing the trac bar mount will cause bump steer cause they are no longer parallel. Again, not trying to step on anyones toes, i am just commenting and giving MY opinion.

Cole