i need help with decisions

I am sorry if I came across as a A$$, but after you shell out a grand for the Terra low, and another 250 for a SYE.. you are only a few hundred away form what is argueably the best off the shelf t-case available. Keep in mind.. if you spend all that money on your t-case.. it is still a chain driven case.. that with time will wear out :brows:

As far as what works and what is reasonable... I like the RE stuff, kinda pricey, but I have NEVER had anything of theirs fail, and they hold their value in comparison to other companies used stuff.

MY 2 dealings with Rusty's were bad... Shipping takes way too long even though they bill your credit card the day you order... most companies bill when shipped. The other was on a steering set up.. that was "heavy Duty" bent it the first time I took it out, and I don't see where I did anything out the way to bend it

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its cool i didnt think you were a a$$ the polls are for discussion with out the experience of everybody in here and the experiment that we all try none of us would have the awsome comanches that we all have. i don't have any experience with rustys except for the one xj i seen and stuff that people say. As for the rough country i love those guys i only talk to 2 people down there but they are super cool and i love there customer service. As for the quality of the RC stuff ill admit it probably isnt the best in the world but its tough as hell and its really really cheep. And its worth every cent you spend on it. I sware on the bible a rc lift saved my life. An atlas is the way to go if you want tough ill admit that too. lol But there tera low kit is pretty cool and you have to admit that lol. But any time i say something and anybody disagrees put it out there thats the reason i joined this club. I don't have anybody in russellville that really knows anything about jeeps so i love just talking to you guys.

COMANCHE CLUB RULES

The only issue with any 4 to1 kit is it really limits you on what kinda terrian you can run. Thats why you see a lot of ppl running doublers.. or they run doublers for really low gearing. Sometimes you need wheel speed, and other times you want your rig to idle along at a foot a minute :brows:

I just don't want to see anyone throw money away,, and not be happy with what they got

good point there. Every component on you truck really needs to be selected based on what kind of wheeling you do... I like trail riding up in the mountains. but there are alot of different things to do. I guess in order to build the perfect truck you first need to really think about what you want to do in your truck... And then build from there.

The only vehicle to pull an 8.8 out of is the Explorer/Mountaineer. The others are either the wrong width, wrong bolt pattern, weaker or a combination thereof.

95-01 explorers have disk brakes. Earlier models are just as strong but have drums.

I'm thinkin about the firestone destination m/ts? any thoughts on those tires?

I'm not a big fan of the firestone. but what kind of wheeling are you going to be doing and are you going to use this truck as a daily driver?

like what? whats a good tire thats not too expensive but that i will get my moneys worth that has good tread life also?

If you want a good tire thats not to expensive get something like buckshots or mud kings. there good tires offroad and there cheep. there not so hot on road but they work and you get decent tread life. And there cheap. If you want a good tire then you have to fork out a couple of bucks. But I'm just running cheapo tires right now. Infact i got the mud king steal radials. And in my opinion they do great off-road but they make alot of road noise and they're not exactly an A/T but there great if your only going to use the truck for off-road and going back and forth to class. I wouldnt want to drive cross country but ive taken them on the interstate for 3 hours strait and they did great..

hey PETE M

your photos are great i love the modern grille swap on the white comanche

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=712516&uid=512063

but the only thing is you got the grille upside down lol.

I figured id point that out to ya.

You got some nice pictures and looks like youve had some fun trips.

How are those tires you got on your red manche? are those tsl?

Got 4.88s and 35s and i want mid 5s

Agreed. 4.10s are okay for 31" tires, 4.56 for 32s and maybe 33s, 4.88 for 33s and maybe 34s. Beyond 34 (or with 34 if you actually go off-road and want a half-decent crawl ratio) you really need to get into the 5s, and that means no more Dana 30 in the front because 4.88 is as deep as you can get for the D30. That's one advantage to the Wrangler Rubicon bastardized Dana 44 front axle -- it may only have the same knuckles dna axles as the D30, but you can get deeper gears.

And yes, I do have a spreadsheet with tire sizes, gear ratios, and engine RPMs for a variety of tires sizes and all gear ratios available for the D30. If you want it, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

for about $2200 you can buy a bolt in dana 44 front axle that excepts the dana 30 brakes and such. They come with a locker of your choice alloy usa shafts and many different gear ratios to choose from. not sure how good they are made but I'm sure there just as good as triing to get ahold of a rubicon front axle. Those could be expensive everything from a rubicon are expensive.

Thats the reason I am stuck with 4.88s right now. I have a 44 rear but the stupid 30 front killed my choice of gears. I really need the mid 5s or low 6s to be happy. BUT my truck goes tops 40mph to and from work and right now it rarely see 55+ cause i have a car for that. EAGLE you have a PM

Cole

which lift is better the rough country 6.5 lift for the manche or the motion offroad hybrid manche 6.5 lift? the rough country is about 1000 and the motion offroad is about 1800, would i get my moneys worth for the rough country any thought?

Like Pong said earlier the do OK but they are ruff on the street if you don't care about that then they might work for you. The other complaint i heard about them was they didnt flex as well as others. Theres several lift kits for short arm setup but in the longarm department you get down to a few that really are for a MJ. I will try to get some links for you to look at later.

Cole

which lift is better the rough country 6.5 lift for the manche or the motion offroad hybrid manche 6.5 lift? the rough country is about 1000 and the motion offroad is about 1800, would i get my moneys worth for the rough country any thought?

get the rough country lift. the motion off road has the EXACT same coils.

The motion offroad kit is based off of the rock krawler front lift. And rock krawler lift use rough country coils.

If you bought the motion off road one youll simply be wasting your money. Infact i can help you get the RC lift cheaper than it list for if you want. Give me a call at (479)747-9771 my name is clarence.

The rough country lift is actually really nice. I got the rc lift on my commanche and i can flex the wheels all the way. Infact i have flexed my front wheels all the way until they hit the inner fender wells.

The only thing that would make the lift better would be a long arm kit. And you really don't need that unless you plan on doing some extreem stuff and you can always get a long arm kit later if your not happy with the short arm setup.