Camber angle?

I wouldn't measure it on the top of the ball joint because it's not necessarily square with the knuckle or the tire.

I'm not sure exactly where to measure it, the flattest surface would be probably be the brake rotor but not sure how you could have weight in it and measure at the same time.  Maybe there is a way to measure it off the outside of the tire looking from the front of the truck with a drywall square?

Have you looked online at all about how to measure camber?

1 hour ago, Dzimm said:

Have you looked online at all about how to measure camber?

Yes but I wasn't very successful at finding anything useful related to Mj or Xj, maybe I wasn't searching the right things haha. I did find a video from nickintime about caster angle but I need camber.. seemed to populate a ton of caster related content...

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

camber isn't adjustable (short of those special ball joints) so you won't find a lot of info on it compared to caster.  :dunno:

:iagree:

No need to mess with camber. It will either be in spec or you’ll need new ball joins (or you bent your inner Cs). Just focus on caster and centering the axle if it’s lifted (adjust control arms and track bar)

Pete, I assume you're referring to the offset ball joints I've seen on Rock Auto etc? What's everybody's thoughts on these? My truck will run straight down the road but visually standing in front of the truck the wheels are not "square". One side can be flush with the fender and the other side is toe'd out a little and appears to have the slightest negative camber. Seems that offset ball joints would remedy this. That said, it appears the tires are wearing ok. :dunno:

I’m alittle late to this but sometimes our alignment machine at work won’t dial in camber 100% on larger trucks due to the lasers needing adjustment or calibration (whatever we pay hunter inc hundreds of dollars todo lol), instead I just slap the magnet gauge on the end of the axle/bearing nut and it gives me good enough measurements to make the computer happy, I do agree with others though there is not much camber adjustment on our solid axle trucks....if it truly is far out of wack on camber (as in more than 2-3 degrees) it’s most likely a bent axle from my experience :(

19 hours ago, Wounded_Fighter said:

So here's the details!

Before and After...

15981267457399078930056056303049.jpg.c6a15d41d93986bf8fff150dd1c9b84b.jpg

How the heck did the tech change the rear wheel toe and thrust angles?

And in adjusting the caster angle, did he use the proper shims, or just rely on torquing the bolts to locate the control arms?

49 minutes ago, Eagle said:

How the heck did the tech change the rear wheel toe and thrust angles?

And in adjusting the caster angle, did he use the proper shims, or just rely on torquing the bolts to locate the control arms?

No clue on the rear, think that was just a computer error. However shims, I provided from having to get new LCA brackets at the local JY and made sure all everything was tightened down properly. 

Right front tire went from 35 to 0 psi lol. That probably changed things up a bit :laugh:.

The toe in and caster is really the only thing to set on these axles and doing it yourself often times results in a more thorough job than any shop will do. Not sure what the load rating is on your tires but my guess is they are now overinflated.