Street Comanche #54

Pete M

8 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

The OP talked about it being a street MJ when he got it with the plastic body moldings and such from Archer Bros. Don’t know where 54 was said though. 

Gotcha

7 hours ago, jdog said:

this is the thread where he states it's 54

Thanks 

This is information from TheJeepNut's Zoho.com site. Thanks to TheJeepNut for allowing us to use his content.

"When I was 17, I stumbled across a "Street Comanche"completely destroyed in a junkyard. I knew I had to have one. Sure enough, 6 months later, I found one in Sacramento for $1500 ....STOKED. That became not only my pride and joy, but it was the one included in all those awesome high school memories. It was a red Street Comanche #54 of 100... "

...and then James realized he'd become chronically addicted...     The Timeline:

2001 – Purchased truck in stock form for $1,500 in Sacramento, Ca…painted primer grey.

2003 – Sold truck primer grey to co-worker for $1,000, needed money.

2003 – Purchased truck back from guy for $1,000…he wasn’t into it and I wanted it back.  I had the truck painted a greenish/greyish color (on accident, but it looked cool), lowered it and threw some 18" rims on it. I also installed a bitchin stereo system and did some performance upgrades.

2005 – Sold truck to roommate for $2,000…Needed money and he really liked the truck. During his ownership, it got stolen and was later recovered…abandoned having been crashed through a fence, down a hill bouncing off a couple trees and smashed into the side of a house. Done for? No way

2007 – Traded truck to co-worker for his Chevy 4x4,straight across. I needed money again, and could sell his 4x4 in the winter easier than the 2wd MJ, and I did sell it for $2500.

2008 – X-mas day, ran into guy who I traded it to. He wanted it gone…reverse went out on trans, windshield cracked a dent in right bedside. I had cash on hand, $200 and I drove it home, complete with all my stereo, performance upgrades, wheels (with still new snow tires) and an extra set of wheels he got for it…merry x-mas to me J Unfortunately, they day after I got it home, I tore the motor out of it to put in a Cherokee I needed to get running so I could sell, so it is currently sitting dead in my garage. Exploring my options…not gonna sell it again though.

...no... not sell.. but completely transform!...

Would you believe this is the same truck?

After all the work that went into his Street Comanche, it's unfortunate on one hand to see it like this.

But what a testimony to the American Spirit.   lol  I have to admire a guy who's put so much effort into keeping his MJ.

It's hard to drive them regularly and yet maintain that Street Comanche unique styling without deviation. 

As James pointed out, the ground effects had been damaged a few times and ultimately fell victim to abuse and age.  While it might seem like plastic lasts forever, it indeed does not.

But he refused to let this Jeep go again.

After acquiring a donor vehicle, he resurrected the Street Comanche into more of an daily driver /come weekend warrior.

A TON of work went into bringing this truck back to life, but he completed the transformation in 2009....

This is the final result, last I was able to track his progress.

NICE WORK!

I'd still mount the plaque on the glove box.  ;-)

Links to quoted material:

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17382&hilit=street+comanchehttp://

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/393950/1987-jeep-comanche-regular-cab

Otherwise information came from personal email archives to which access will not be granted.

001a.jpg

001b.jpg

001c.jpg

001d.jpg

001e.jpg

001f.jpg

002aa.jpg

002e.jpg

002f.jpg

• 1 year later...