another junkyard score

Pete M

couple of decked-out XJs in the 'yard today.  more picked over than last time I found that Laredo, but I still scored a 92 header (minus the broken grille), gas skid, hitch, renix throttle body, a million little switches and lights and such, front chrome bumper, brand new battery cable, fan shroud, couple turbines, one waggy tail, and some other stuff.  'twas a brutal day considering the GA sun and temps in the 80s and the 1/4 mile uphill walk with everything to get to checkout, but it's good exercise as long as it doesn't kill me. right?  right? :crazy:  

20200621_165508.jpg

20200621_112322.jpg

also spied a set of turbines on an late 80s dodge truck.  looked in good shape but the yard wants way too much for rims to have grabbed them too.

20200621_125243.jpg

Slightly off topic, but the wife and I postponed our Disney plans this year.  We're going back down to visit our friends again in Hilliard, FL in August again.  They are actually closer to Folkston, GA.....which by my googling is only about 2-2.5 hours from hot-'Lanta.  We might could figure out a meetup whilst we're there:beerchug:

in a weird coincidence I've made near-as-makes-no-difference the same mistake.  I used google to estimate the drive from Loganville to just south of Savanna to go pick up my MJ trailer and got a little under 3 hours. no problemo.  then later that week on the day of the drive my GPS said close to 6.  whoops!  that's a lot of extra driving that day and I still needed to assemble the trailer suspension on site too.  :doh:

We're still going to Florida, just not to Disney.  I have no desire to spend all that $$$ on something that's going to anything but a "magical" experience, LOL.  I told my wife if she really wanted to go we would, but she'd have to put up with my sitting in a hotel room and being cranky and miserable for a week.

We'll be in Hilliard (about 30 minutes north of JAX), but actually closer to Folkston GA.  About a half mile from the St. Mary's river (the border).  We're driving down (again, this makes the third time.....).  She doesn't want to fly just yet.  Going to meet our friends in Savannah and spend a couple days there, then drive to their house for the rest of the week.

6 hours ago, buxmj said:

Sorry to hear you won't be heading this way Jeff, hope you can make it down sometime in the next year, would be great to have a get together again. 

Buck.

Definately.  We have to hear you gig in a band somewhere, some night.  My buddy is an old drummer who did stuff in New Orleans back in the day, and up in PA when he lived there.  We need a good night out to just jam:beerchug: