[Found] Brush Guard

RustyRodder

32 minutes ago, coheed said:

These brush guards mount with the hidden winch/tow hook brackets. Mine is mounted on the hidden winch style ones like this.IMG_20191026_103749.jpg.f13076397c921dc09271efdbd2503e38.jpg

So would this one not work on my standard (no hook) front? I can't remember what it looks like under the bumper since reassembly. 

7 hours ago, RustyRodder said:

So would this one not work on my standard (no hook) front? I can't remember what it looks like under the bumper since reassembly. 

No it will not mount with out tow hook brackets. I can assure you that the brackets are much easier to find than the brush guards though.

21 minutes ago, mjben said:

The Cherokee this one came off of didn't have the tow hook brackets. Just the bumperettes to space it out.

Bumperettes? Not sure what you mean by that. Regardless the bottom tab on the OE Mopar brush guards I have had mounts to the spot on the bumper brackets I circled in the picture. Not sure where you'd bolt the bottom mount to without a bracket with that extension.

IMG_20191026_103749_2.jpg.0b862dfb5c30ca3facdd5ce3880b459e.jpg

Bumperettes - that's what I've always called them - the black rectangular plastic extensions on the face of the bumper. This guard was originally mounted using them to space it out, away from the grille allowing the forward most hole to line up with the bumper itself. I totally follow what you're saying, and no doubt, it'd be stronger that way, but that style bracket doesn't seem to be completely necessary. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 2 years later...