If you've thought about moving your airbox...

I recently did this and it's freed up a lot of space, on the manifold side.  If a similar set up has already been posted, my apologies.

I used the following -

3" aluminum tubing

Spectre Performance 8791 Black 3" Low Profile 90° Elbow

Spectre Performance 99456 Throttle Body Adapter

Spectre Performance 9712 Vacuum Sensor Adapter Kit

3.5" to 3" silicone coupler

Air filter from a 1995 1.8L Acura Integra (I used WIX 46398)

Pieced together an old renix harness to make a breather tube.. I need to make a more permanent solution.

The throttle body adapter bolts up to the renix throttle body in order to give the TB a "lip"/nipple(?) for the tubing to connect to.  The 90 degree elbow is then hooked to the throttle body, followed by the aluminum tube.  I can get an exact measurement, if someone needs it, but, I think I cut my length at 18".

The Integra air filter is used as it was a cone style air filter, but was an OEM paper style, instead of the K&N style, which seems to let in more contaminants than it should.  The Integra filter base is a shade under 3.5".  So I used a 3.5" to 3" coupler to attach it to the aluminum tube.

Finally, I used a hole saw and the 10mm fitting from the 9712 vacuum sensor kit to make a breather.

Nicely done.  I'm trying to figure out why one would do this.  Are you planning to put something in the area the area resides?
Yes, I put a fuse box and bus bar where the old air box was.
Additionally, I just like the extra room to access things. And, the new intake doesn't take up much room, where it currently sits, so it not a hindrance in its new spot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

nice!  :L:  

but the big question is... how bad is the whistle?  is the tube long enough to muffle it?
Honestly, it sounds the same as stock. I can't tell the difference when driving.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I notice one thing that nobody has mentioned:   in your picture where the master cylinder was shown, the brake lines seem to be made from copper.   Are they?

If they ARE made from copper, that is NOT a good choice for hydraulic brake lines.  They should be made from a steel alloy.

I have the THOR kit to put in. I plan on a second battery in the airbox place, in my '00 XJ. I think Dirt Bound sells a tray to go there. Also, won a Genesis Dual Battery kit. It will probably go into my '01 XJ.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, Smokeyyank said:

Just wondering how much you ended up spending on this? 

I'm was looking at a THOR intake for the MJ because I need to relocate the airbox when I dove nose it. 

Total was $117, from Amazon.