Skankfoot 4.0 turbo kit

Anyone else been following the building of these kits?  $1680 intro price, I know it includes manifold, turbo, down pipe, lines gaskets, etc... waiting to hear about fuel management.  Capable of 20psi on stock internals, but looking at about 245whp at 11psi.

Anyone else been following the building of these kits?  $1680 intro price, I know it includes manifold, turbo, down pipe, lines gaskets, etc... waiting to hear about fuel management.  Capable of 20psi on stock internals, but looking at about 245whp at 11psi.
Don't think it works for renix yet but it looks nice otherwise

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just sent them a question about the fuel management, they said: With OBDI/II harnesses OBDI will be able to use HP Tuners, so yeah, unless we upgrade, we are out at this point unless we go to Mega-squirt or comparable stand alone.

Just sent them a question about the fuel management, they said: With OBDI/II harnesses OBDI will be able to use HP Tuners, so yeah, unless we upgrade, we are out at this point unless we go to Mega-squirt or comparable stand alone.
Maybe one day they'll get to it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

He says October for the obd1-2 adapter. The idea is that we can pickup an obd 2 computer for a 4.0 and throw it in our 91-92 mjs then tune it with HP tuners. The total cost for the electronics would make me go with mega squirt instead. Not a fan of his welded tube turbo manifold either. The boostwerks one is cast and is on sale now too for less than 400. Also don’t like the internal wastegate on the turbo. I’d grab the boostwerks manifold, a decent eBay turbo that is the right size for your needs, an eBay 90* v band downpipe with o2 bungs and a frozen boost intercooler. The picture below is what I’m planning to base my design on. It’s a very clean install for a turbo:

7A9EF068-1607-4E51-8680-8D3D905B3E7A.jpeg

8F74D75D-740F-4038-9F87-CFFAB8941C57.jpeg

The stock metal parts may be capable of 20lbs but the stock head gasket sure isnt.  I also wouldn't want to push that much pressure through a 200k+ mile motor.

Nice people are doing this but the "kits" are still too far in their infancy for me.  I'd think of them more like "developer kits"

• 4 months later...

I fell down this rabbit hole earlier today, haven't heard about boostwerks either but his work looks familiar.  Did he used to be on Jeepforum way back when?  I think I remember him from sometime a while back looking for info on my XJ.  Guess I'm gonna have to do a bunch more research! 

On 3/24/2020 at 5:50 PM, ghetdjc320 said:

He says October for the obd1-2 adapter. The idea is that we can pickup an obd 2 computer for a 4.0 and throw it in our 91-92 mjs then tune it with HP tuners. The total cost for the electronics would make me go with mega squirt instead. Not a fan of his welded tube turbo manifold either. The boostwerks one is cast and is on sale now too for less than 400. Also don’t like the internal wastegate on the turbo. I’d grab the boostwerks manifold, a decent eBay turbo that is the right size for your needs, an eBay 90* v band downpipe with o2 bungs and a frozen boost intercooler. 

• 1 month later...

I didn't forget about the MJ guys. I have been putting together a drop in speeduino for tuning using tunerstudio. I have been testing and tweaking my set up. This ecu will tap into the necessary sensor inputs and sever the 6 injector outputs and coil output. The on board map sensor is 2.5 bar but for whatever reason you have you could run a 4bar. The unit has a bunch of extra functions. I don't have a renix system to test on but I see no reason it couldnt be done. 

20200726_142832.jpg

20200929_144647.jpg

7 hours ago, Cummins93 said:

I didn't forget about the MJ guys. I have been putting together a drop in speeduino for tuning using tunerstudio. I have been testing and tweaking my set up. This ecu will tap into the necessary sensor inputs and sever the 6 injector outputs and coil output. The on board map sensor is 2.5 bar but for whatever reason you have you could run a 4bar. The unit has a bunch of extra functions. I don't have a renix system to test on but I see no reason it couldnt be done. 

20200726_142832.jpg

20200929_144647.jpg

I like where your going with this. If you can add an sbec connector that would be awesome for us obd1 crowd. For some reason it seems like Renix gets all the new products anymore. Was about to socket my sbec ecu and reprogram the eprom to tune my built 4.0. If you can make this setup plug and play that would be great.