How many different door Mirrors were offered?

I have got (2) trucks that have these strange holes in the doors that appear to have a riveted bracket inside the door. They sit south of the vent the window, right up against the door window belt moulding. I  know about the mirrors for the vent windows, and the trailer mount type but these look like they were factory, LH mirror only option? Can't have that these days. Anyone have pictures of what these things looked like?

PHOTO_20200212_131553[160].jpg

PHOTO_20200212_131613[161].jpg

That spot is where the mirror was placed on some models. My best bet is on models that only came with a drivers mirror. My 88 came with only a drivers mirror , The mirror looked like just this. 

4DD89D0A-4049-4576-A750-269E4AB85D4E.jpeg.0b53fd81dccdd94014fd5ceb25171b4a.jpeg

seems like it also came on some yjs 

https://www.morris4x4center.com/mirror-set-left-and-right-55027207k.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1hac8gBOkXtFuZyM90zkNvKwrkWDgpP1J9erH8_TigSxWVGptyBOyOwxoCCVMQAvD_BwE

32 minutes ago, hakukamana said:

What I can't believe is why only a LH mirror only? Were mirrors an option?

On the base models (or SporTruck, in some years) the standard was a single "flag" style mirror on the driver's door.

The flag mirrors were the base option. A driver door mirror was standard, passenger side optional. The "towing" mirrors were also an option. Those are the ones that also bolt about midway down the door.

The regular mirrors that are mounted in the corner of the door were available in totally manual "push the glass to move it," remote (with joysticks inside the cab), and power operated flavors. I do not know if MJs were ever offered with power mirrors.

Those are the factory options. I'm sure there were dealer offered kits to install other types of mirrors that won't appear in the factory parts manuals.

Well Eagle that says a lot. The White truck is a 88' Sport Truck but it has AC and is an automatic on the column, 4x4 short bed. The Silver truck is a 89' Base 5 speed 4x4  long bed. All my others are Eliminators, Pioneers, or Metric Tons, and all had vent window mirrors.

9 minutes ago, Minuit said:

Did your driver door have the holes below the vent window?

No. Mine was the next level up from the "flag" style mirrors. But what the OP has is holes where the "flag" style mirrors would go. Mine just had what looked like a mirror base but wasn't mirror delete.

That sounds confusing, so on the sport truck I only have the bracket for the drivers side flag mirror, I am going to drill out the rivits on the silver base, and install the bracket on the white sport on the passenger side. The silver base will get corner mirrors that I have and I'll have to weld up the holes from the rivits and the screw holes.